Renewing an Operator ID

I see on the CAA website that it is now possible to look up your Operator and Flyer IDs, and they tempt us with the option to renew (saves pealing off a sticker at least).

I can’t see the actual link to do the renewal though.

Anybody gone through this - less than a month until mine expires so I’d assume the option would be open by now.

https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/my-registration

The option wasn’t there four weeks ago and it isn’t there now. I passed the test the day it went live so my ids run out on November 5.

I have now sent an email asking how to renew and can I keep my id. Updates as/if/when I get a reply.

4 Likes

Ha! Same renewal date, same email sent :smiley:

They said at the time (last year) that they’d be issuing a new ID on renewal.

You’d like to think that’d changed since, but, well, you know… :grimacing:

1 Like

Probably another excel sheet gone tits up

4 Likes

Not entirely relevant to the OP. I sent them a suggestion recently to allow you to change your registered email address. Surprising how many sites don’t allow you to do this.

3 Likes

That’s what I was expecting. Logged on to check how to get a new ID and lo, there was a way to check your details. That’s also new from last I’d looked as back when this came in they’d said it couldn’t be done. Beyond the whit of man, or some such.

Looks like you can call or email a registration team at the CAA

https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/contact-us

1 Like

The CAA sent me a renewal email reminder last night.

1 Like

and me but it doesn’t give the option to renew, just to get an ID. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I don’t even have that option :man_shrugging:

They’ve got the worst login / auth mechanism too.

2 Likes

Same. I guess we all jumped in there on day one :wink:

No option to renew still though.

1 Like

One advantage of waiting until day 101 … I get to find out what happens and perhaps they have it working better by the time mine is due. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Had an email this morning inviting me to renew. Followed the link, got the code, entered it and … still no way to pay

1 Like

The beauty of the 3 month grace period (freebie) FPVUK membership gave me ;o)

3 Likes

Nobody’s will expire until at least 5th November so hopefully they’ll have fixed it by then :smiley:

1 Like

Or they’ll delay it a year due to covid or EU or some other random reason :grimacing:

2 Likes

I bet you’re the types who wouldn’t apply OS updates until they’ve fixed all the bugs that show up after the first round of live testing too. You’ll never get to Valhalla with that attitude :wink:

Catalina, no more proof needed.

Or Windows ME, the last version I had on a PC I bought for my own personal use.

1 Like