Renewing an Operator ID

My MP is on a January 2018 firmware. :+1:

2 Likes

Did I mention just how bad this is? :grimacing:

2 Likes

Exact same issue for organisations too, not just individuals :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Renewal (when available) will give you a new Operator ID in the new EASA-compliant format. So you will be peeling stickers off I’m afraid.

2 Likes

‘Renewal’ is probably not the right word then? :wink:

2 Likes

FPV UK members who did their CAA registration through FPV UK (and have left auto-renew turned on) won’t need to do anything.

We will automatically renew their CAA registration one year after they registered.

Operator IDs will be new this time (to comply with the new EASA format), but it is envisaged they will be then the same in subsequent years.

(I’m pleased to say that the CAA did take on my suggestion and they’re building the automated registration and renewal system that facilitates this as we speak. It’ll be ready in time for our renewals).

4 Likes

Put quite simply - having a different Operator ID each year is totally dumb.

End of.

2 Likes

Operator IDs will be new this time (to comply with the new EASA format), but it is envisaged they will be then the same in subsequent years.

With a bit of “envisaging” before this time last year - or even SINCE last year - it could have been avoided.

Yes! And you won’t have to do anything when your 12 months registration comes to an end either. We will automatically renew your registration and give you your new Operator ID.

(It’ll be a new Operator ID this first time - to comply with the new EASA format, but it is envisaged it will then stay the same in subsequent years).

2 Likes

You’d have to take that up with EASA I think.

There’s not even an option to apply for a new one though.

If you try to “apply” now you’re told your email address is already in use and you have to log in. At which point you can not then renew (or get a new one) :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

On the plus side, once we’ve got the new EASA-compatible IDs at least we’ll be able to fly in all participating countries… right?

4 Likes

I just did a new application as a test, the format of both the Operator ID and the Flyer ID is identical to last years:

Still can’t renew my actual / genuine one though.

4 Likes

I’m going to wait a few days and see if I can renew if not ill phone them.

2 Likes

Perhaps we’ll need to get a new email address each year too.
:rofl:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t put it past them.

1 Like

Not after 20yrs with the same one I’m not

Got reminder from CAA my OP ID is due for renewal soon. Went to pay the £9 and there was no opportunity to do so!

Asked for DOB and email and on CONTINUE you get sent code via email which you are supposed to fill in on the NEXT page it says. If you click CONTINUE it does go to a NEXT page which tells you “Something went wrong” or words to that effect. If you go back the code sent can then be typed in the same box you just typed the email address in. Shoddy work!

I then get a page telling me who I am and my FLY and OP codes and inside leg measurement etc… but no opportunity to actually pay anything and update my OP ID.

It does say it is a BETA version of the system. Presumably it was designed by the same team who did the track and trace app.

Unusual to find any organisation not desperate to grab money off you. They usually get that bit right.

I await reply from CAA.

2 Likes

Moved your post to the pre-existing thread on the issue.