Repair quote from Drone Doctors

Well I’ve got the quote back from Drone Doctors for my MP.
£411 inc VAT.
The most extensive repairs seem to be to the Gimbal. the camera itself seems ok but cables a new plate and other bits in that area are where the brunt of the cost goes.
Opinions from you guys as to what you would do in my place would be appreciated.
There is nothing around that figure secondhand to replace it available.
I was considering some DJI goggles later but from what I’ve read they are compatible with Occusync 2 so getting newer model may not be an option.
Cash flow not great at the moment due to the times but love the drone.
Would I be foolish to fork out that amount on an MP? cheers.

Drone Doctors message,
Hi Paul,

I’ve examined your DJI Mavic Pro and the damage is extensive, the camera gimbal unit requires multiple replacement components including a new Gimbal plate / Gimbal control data cable and video cable. The middle frame will need to be replaced due to the damaged screw mount for the rear right motor arm. The rear right motor arm securing mount is also damaged and this will need to be replaced. The front left motor is damaged and requires replacement. I have quoted for a replacement front right foot which is used (good condition) to keep the cost down.) If you would like us to quote for a new front right motor arm unit we can do this for you, although this would be an additional £32.00 on top of the repair quote. The upper shell has been quoted for also as there is a stress crack running through the front right motor arm housing. All other functions have checked out OK on the bench test and visual examination.

At the bottom of the page is a quote for repairs, so please click the relevant button to proceed. Alternatively, please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Regards,

Tony.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Crashed