River Chess View - Added to Rivers and Canals in East of England

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene - Location # 663

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Signs for Chorleywood House, opposite Cricket Club on the common. Follow drive all the way through until you find the football pitches. Head towards Dell Wood on the map and find the valley overlooking North Hill Road

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 15/06/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Thanks for adding to the map @Mike_Ward90 :+1:t2:

1 Like

For those using what3words:
Parking: ///glitz.lies.cattle
Take-off: ///asks.jukebox.edge

2 Likes

This is local to me, been wondering what it’s like to fly around there. Thanks for the tip Mike.

No worries. It’s such a lovely spot to fly. I’ve read all the signs around Chorleywood House and nothing stating that flying isn’t allowed. Well worth a visit at sunset as only a couple of walkers around and the views are awesome!

I have checked out this location with Chorleywood Parish Council and flying of model aircraft and drones is prohibited on Chorleywood Common by way of byelaws

https://www.chorleywood-pc.gov.uk/chorleywood-common-byelaws/

Yes - Chorleywood Common is out of bounds.
But the takeoff point suggested here isn’t on the common.

Did they say that flying in the area marked here isn’t allowed?

Hi Graham. Yeah it’s a big shame the common isn’t Drone friendly but I guess with the golf course and amount of people it attracts you can understand.

Fortunately this spot on this post is over the road out the back of Chorleywood House. As far as I’m aware this isn’t part of the common ground. There doesn’t seem to be any signage in Chorleywood House against UAVs as far as I’m currently aware.

My bad, apologies - I didnt check and assumed the land was all Chorleywood Common but is owned by Three Rivers District Council. Have checked Three Rivers Byelaws previously for another location and it doesn’t mention model aircraft or drones - also can’t locate anything on the website or the grounds when I visited.

Thank you for clarifying - so hard to find somewhere around here to fly!

Unfortunately as of November 2020, Chorleywood House Estate and it seems just about every open space in the Three Rivers District Council area have become subject to a no drone flying bye law: