River Levern Estuary, Greenodd, Cumbria

Hi guys, on holiday in the Lake District and bought the Mini with me. Bought the drone last year but haven’t managed a lot of flights with it other than my local area in Thetford, Norfolk.

Staying in Greenodd and went for a walk about the local area with drone and captured the following stills. I’ve got footage as well but am still figuring out how best to edit it on my MacBook using iMovie - I’m a novice to this so still learning.

I’ve tried to add this location on dronescene with directions but keep getting a “object reference not set to an instance of an object” error - not sure what I’m doing wrong?

I’ll post directions here anyway:

Park on the outskirts of Greenodd by the tiny ‘industrial’ area. There’s a John Deere shop as well as Fish & Chips, Ice Cream and a great little Bakery/Cafe all right there.

Walk back along A5093 towards roundabout then take a small path to the right at the river Crake before going over the bridge. Path follows river down towards Levern Estuary. Go under the main road bridge and bear right immediately up a rough path. Double back on yourself to cross back over main road bridge on the footpath. You’ll see the foot bridge over the River Levern. If you cross it and then go right or left and drop down on to the lower path you can access the flat sandy banks which are excellent TOAL spots. Watch out for the large electricity pylons and cables - best to go upstream from them. Flying back towards Greenodd at height will give you the aerial shot of this small hillside village.

2 Likes