Roadtrip from California to Canada to pickup a dog!

I had to say goodbye to a dear companion and friend in Jan of this year. My dog Sky.

I made this memorial video for her

I then sought out to find a companion for my other dog Zulu. I found an English Shepherd in Canada off a facebook re-homing group and Zulu and I drove to canada to rescue her and bring her to her new world.

It is a sped up roadtrip/dog video which may or may not appeal.
Most of the driving sequences are filmed with a dji pocket osmo. The drone used is a mavic pro Hasselblad, I used adobe premiere rush to edit it all together. The editing process took over 3 weeks of working on it when I had free time.

7 Likes

I’m afraid I didn’t click the first two links - I’m too much of an animal lover, I can’t bear to see or hear anything sad that involves animals but I’m so sorry for your loss, it literally breaks your heart when our fur babies depart from this world :confused:

I loved the closing sequence of the video Bonny, looks like they’re getting on great together!

2 Likes

Cheers @SpininB like Rich I’ll have to watch the first 2 later , too much dust in the air here at work and don’t want any in my eyes :wink:

Great heart warming story in an otherwise shit storm, even more so where you are now.

Stay safe and keep the photos and videos coming, here and your Insta

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss :disappointed_relieved:, at least you had a good ending. Have to share, we just lost our last cat Max today (saddle thrombus - basically blood clot that disables rear end). One day all AOK, next day ( in spite of Vets best efforts)…gone :tired_face::cry:. Still, we have our 3x Labbie’s to keep us company, so life goes on. Life’s so unfair sometimes…take care & stay safe / keep droning everyone :+1:

3 Likes

The love shared help to deal with the loss - as pet owners we know they won’t be with us forever -still hard to say goodbye. Thanks for sharing -sorry for your loss!

3 Likes

In this day and age -it’s much better being a dog than a human!! The pups doing great together -be well

3 Likes

I clicked the links while peeling onions :wink:

It’s very hard losing a pet, (we have two buried in the garden) Lalu & Boothby was inseparable when they was alive.

I utterly commend you on the lengths you went too.

Well done Sir :clap:

Ma’am.

1 Like