McMac Productions proudly announce that the fortnightly Reason To Fly competition will be shortly returning to a screen near you!
For those who have joined us since the lockdowns started the RTF competition requires you to submit a photo or a short video on a subject chosen by a majority vote. Judging is again by the votes of your peers. There is no entry fee so in consequence there are no prizes except the adulation and applause of your fellow pilots.
The current GADC Colour Challenge (this time the theme is blue) is in its final round and the first RTF competition of this post-lockdown phase will begin shortly thereafter.
A reminder of the rules is below:
- The requirement is to submit an image, either a photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition.
- The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open and obviously be taken by a drone in flight
- Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.
- Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for five days after the closing date for competition entries.
- Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not. You may vote for all, some or none of the entries
- Any image that is correctly added to the Dronescene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded three bonus votes.
- In the event of a tie the guest judge will decide the winner
- The original media may be requested by the judge in case of a dispute.
- The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday at around 19:00.
- The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.59 fourteen days later.
- Voting by poll will be open for a further five days until Thursday 23:59.
- The winner will be announced on Friday, around 19:00
For more information please RTF post again …