Roseberry Topping North Yorkshire

A little Drone video of the stunning Roseberry Topping a local landmark near Guisborough North Yorkshire. Theres a few other videos on my youtube channel Oh me drone! Im quite new to all this as im a bit of a dinosaur.

4 Likes

There’s lots of us on here mate! :grinning:

1 Like

You’ve had a busy day @Pedro71 ……nice set of videos

…a busy time with a great outcome. :smiley:

There’s a few months worth there. Thanks :+1:

Thanks glad you liked them.

Great job. :ok_hand: Did you add the TOAL location to drone scene? :thinking:

Sorry I don’t know what the TOAL location means. Im a bit new🙄

@Pedro71 Take Off And Land

Thanks I guess i should have been able to work that out. :sauropod:

@Pedro71 We all started like you. Wonderful set of videos, well done, keep them coming.

You know it’s weird. I’ve lived down in the South East for coming up to 62 years now and I got my first drone back in February 2020 and we al know what happened then and I upgraded to the Mini 2 in 2021… But now I find myself having to decide whether to relocate to somewhere near the Lake District or The North York Moors. East or West… and what is weird is I was looking around on Google Maps and YouTube, at the Lake District and North York Moors and guess what, while there were some amazing photos and drone videos of both areas, I just so happened to spot Roseberry Topping and thought now there’s a great place to fly the drone… Nothing like that down here in Hampshire…

So I have a feeling it’ll be The North York Moors (well just south of Middlesborough, just off the edge of the National Park) where I shall be heading. Final decision obviously depends on finding a suitable place and getting it, but with my place sold, I don’t have a huge amount of time left.

Besides there’s and old school mate of mine, I’ve not see, since we left school back in 1977, who lives in Darlington… He’s retired and for he last couple of years he has been nagging me to get myself up there… So that would kill two bird with one stone…

Oh and excellent video by the way Pedro71… Hopefully wherever I finally end up, I’ll finally get around to making some myself and who knows maybe a few worthy of sharing on here.

Thanks for that.

Ive been cycling the North york moors for about 5 years and found some beautiful places that will be fantastic for Drone footage and i hope to get some sorted over the summer.

Ive never been to the Lake District but I have a few days booked there in a holiday home in August so the drone will be coming with me.

Im sure which ever location you decide on there will be great places to visit amd film from on high.

Well I am sure either area will work out ok in the end. I have no intention of ever moving again once this move is done with… I’d never be able to afford it anyway and for sure, the two places I am considering are not so far apart, s I could certainly visit one or the other… Have only been to the Lakes once, a very long time ago now (mostly around Kendal and Windermere) I remembered it raining pretty hard a couple of days, but we were lucky for the most part and the weather was excellent… Once this move is over, I shall let you know which part of the country I finally decide on and yes I am sure I will find plenty of places film from the air.

Happy flying and I am sure you will enjoy the Lakes, fingers crossed you get decent weather and plenty of great footage

Whichever area you choose you will be close enough for day trips to the other.

Good luck with the move and hopefully many hours of flying.

For sure and absolutely, I intend to get out with the drone every day when there is good weather and if it’s not so great, I’ll be editing videos and uploading those I feel are worthy. Considering upgrading to the Mini 3 someday, but that can wait for some time yet. The Mini 2 is a great little drone, not had a single problem with it. Then I’m not much of a risk taker, never crashed it, never had to replace any of the props. One things for sure though, It’ll be getting a lot more time in the air once I am settled wherever and I will most certainly post some videos up, even if the first few might not be up to standard, I’m sure plenty of you will be happy to point me in the right direction as I practice, practice, practice. Have been a photographer since I was 18 and like to think I was pretty good, but the day I got a drone I was hooked. Sure I can’t do the macro shots or sit there for hours waiting fro that fox or specific bird to appear, but having something so small flying around looking at the world from a totally different perspective, still amazes me. Not only that the kit is a hell of a lot lighter too :slight_smile:

I go to the Lake district 2 or 3 times a year. Absolutely beautiful place. Trying to match my brothers feat of summiting all 214 Wainrights (done 141 so far). But now I have my mini 2, it will bring an extra buzz. Dronies on the summit here we come. :+1:t2:

1 Like