Roundshaw Downs - Added to Parks & Recreation in the South East region on the map at DroneScene.co.uk

I have just added this to the UK Map of places to fly your Drone at https://dronescene.co.uk

First and Third Saturday and Sunday each month, good for beginners, friendly bunch of people go there, midweek days as well, mainly am not bank holidays or xmas day. Large expanse of open fields

Hi Tony / @TonyG - and welcome to GADC.

Facebook links don’t link so well - especially when cross-posted from DroneScene.

Can you post a better link here?

Hi Tony

Is this the same as Roundshaw Park, which is all I can find on Google Maps?

Roger

Hi Roger

Sorry for the delay in replying I have been on hols and just returned yesterday. I’m assuming yo are local’ish. Roundshaw Downs and Park are IO beelkive one and the same, more or less. I think Roundshaw Park which comes under Croydon next top Purley Way and Roundshaw Downs is teh bit next to it which comes under Sutton. Incidentally now that I have been going more frequently it seems you can go on any day, those restrictions don’t apply to electric craft, I go pretty much every weekend. Sunday you should aim to arrive early as there is an event hall very close (on the corner and they get a lot of traffic) or after lunch time, you should still get parked. You approach from Imperial Way, follow it round tuning left into it to the end past Cost Co (you can’t park in their car park) and park on the left or right or opposite the park/Downs. Walk through the gate and turn 45deg to your right, you will see a path has been made by feet, follow the short path go through the gap in the hedge and you are on Roundshaw Downs. You will see to your left there may be people (flyers) there. There are runways and heli lift off areas that have been cut into the grass. It’s a great practice area and the people that go there, Heli’s, Planes and Drones are a friendly bunch. I haven’t been able to attach a picture, sorry.

Hope this is useful and hope to see yo there some time, I’ll be flying a Xiaomi Mi 4K and an Inspire 1.

Tony

1 Like

Hi Tony

Many thanks for your comprehensive reply. Maybe see you there someday soon.

Best wishes

Roger

2 Likes

Thanks Roger, much appreciated. I very much look forward to interacting with everyone here.

I’m very new to drones and have recently bought a DJI Mavic Air 2. I live in West Sussex and look forward to finding out about some places where I can legally fly and also join up with some fellow enthusiasts.

Many Thanks

Terry