RTF Competition 6h February to 19th - HEAVY METAL - Winners Announced!

Lighthouse Seaburn Cliffs
13/02/22 Mavic air2
A lighthouse ! … is Sandbagger losing his marbles… Heavy Metal ?
Well this lighthouse is one of a handful of remaining cast iron built lighthouses , it was built in 1856 and stood on the old south pier that you can see in the distance, the base is cast iron on top of which stands a rivetted steel conical tower topped by a cast iron dome light section with railings, internally a cast iron spiral staircase provided access to the top of the 50 foot high structure. The south pier started to crumble and was shortened in 1983 by Sunderland Port Authority to make river access easier and safer as a result the lighthouse was dismantled and re-erected on the nearby Seaburn cliffs.

6 Likes

I think I’ve mentioned previously that sometimes I get an idea in my head and my brain won’t let me rest until I’ve followed it through. Well, this is one of those. :roll_eyes:

(source - this is a deliberate text link to an image that I do not want to show inline :wink:)

Clearly, this is not an entry. :grin:

Also, it turns out that underneath the glamorous exterior, the dolly is a bit of a dickhead. :laughing:

1 Like

Not An Entry ….this is a mobile phone image of my 2nd subject option but too windy too fly ……more here Boris Johnson in a Big Metal Bucket

1 Like

Not sure if there is a thread where this message should go …just thought this is a popular one and most people might see it , just wanted to say take care everybody especially those folks in the red and amber alert zones, stay safe

3 Likes

This one maybe? :grin:

Aggregate haulage

Taken at GRS Rail head Wellingborough NN8 4BH
On 17/02/2022 @ 21:10pm
With DJI AIR 2s

Open Box Wagon
101.6t GLW high capacity open box wagons built using recycled materials from disused coal hoppers
Tare weight 23.8 tonnes
Carrying capacity 77.8 tonnes
Height 3.3m
Speed 60mph landen 75 mph tare

It seams like the only time its GTF (Good to Fly) is at night when the wind is not so bad.

5 Likes

Next competition announced!

Some great responses to the Subject of Heavy Metal. But who will capture the heaviest of the trio - Gold? And who for silver, who for bronze?.

You decide. Cast your vote for the winners :slight_smile:

As always, you can vote for one, none, some or all of the images whether you had entered a picture or not. Have fun but hurry - Poll closes 22:00 Monday evening!

2 Likes

Give yourselves a pat on the back! Not the easiest of subjects and not the best of weather yet we had thirteen entries. Well done everyone. :+1:

But even amongst the great images shown here there have to be winners so congratulations to Chris @clinkadink for his winning shot of the containers at Avonmouth docks:

More docks with big metal things, this time at Kings Lynn, Mark @msgyorkie gets a well deserved second place

And a tie for third place - John @john768 with another shot of docks, Grimsby this time, with a bright red Service Operation Vessel moored to the quayside.

And joint third, breaking the run of docks shots, but still close to the sea is Martin @MartG1960 with a picture of the world-famous Blackpool Tower, presented in the unusual (for an aerial photo) portrait format

Well done everyone - let’s hope the wind drops for the competition ending March 5th - Seascapes

7 Likes

Wow, wasn’t expecting that! :astonished: Thank you! :grin: That was the last photo taken on my Mini 2, as well :wink:

Well done to @msgyorkie, @john768 and @MartG1960 too, for the excellent shots :clap::clap::clap: And to all those who entered. Well done all :star_struck::+1:

6 Likes

Well done Chris, good effort!

1 Like

Well done to all who managed to get entries in during this period and congrats to winners.

2 Likes

Well done everyone. :clap: :slight_smile:

“abbounced”? :grin:

2 Likes

Congrats Chris :clap:

1 Like

Well done all. Some good pictures.

2 Likes

All bugged ub, god a heavy code, thik it may be flu …

1 Like

Well that’s alright then. I thought I was missing a joke. :grin:

1 Like

hehe, I saw that too. Tuunneesss.
Congrats Chris, John and Martin. Some epic shots there. Well done x

2 Likes

Well done to everyone. :clap:

2 Likes

Well done all - great photos!

2 Likes