RTF Competition - Cityscape - Winners announced!

City of Stirling this evening - 03/11/2021 - 17:25 - Mavic 2 Pro, 1sec @ f2.8, 100iso.
The National Wallace Monument has been lit green for the duration of COP26.

8 Likes

Oooo I might give this one a go now I have read that haha.

1 Like

Superb image John, that’s certainly raised the bar

1 Like

Thanks Rich :+1:

Sorry, uploaded the wrong image, this is the one I intended to upload. Taken today in Gloucester at about 4pm with Mavic Mini. Lovely light on the way home from work so couldn’t resist.

5 Likes

Another taken on 1 Nov of Gloucester at night. Taken with mavic mini. I’m surprised there haven’t been more entries in this challenge from others. I was looking forward to seeing them.

3 Likes

Possibly concentrating on getting fireworks shots. After all there’s badges up for grabs in that one.

1 Like

Nudge, nudge :slight_smile:

(From the rules)
• Competitors may enter as many images as they wish. Each must be in a separate post. If you do enter multiple images please try to illustrate the subject by markedly different images.

TIA

So, it would be more acceptable to post this image alone……

Straight out of the camera.

6 Likes

And closely followed by………

And it seems Gloucester is the place to be…….

6 Likes

Thanks for the likes, but I failed by posting 2 images in one post.

Thanks for doing that Carl, it may seem trivial but it is a great help to our housekeeping department and saves us having to listen to their whingeing :slight_smile:

Sorry to interrupt your Fireworks, Cityscapes and FPV’ing but you may like to know that the subject for the next RTF competition can be chosen from the shortlist of three here. Make certain to vote!

2 Likes

Nice images Carl @CarlSN, good job the prison is closed, you must be almost right above it there :wink:

Peterborough City Looking NW over the cathedral
This morning around 7:45am
Taken with DJIM2

3 Likes

Just a reminder - the competition closes tomorrow evening as does the voting for the next subject.

Entry For RTF Cityscape

Hull East Yorkshire
Queens Gardens
taken 0818 hrs11th November 2021 DJI Mini2

Queen’s Gardens is a sequence of gardens in the centre of Kingston upon Hull, England. They are set out within a 9.75-acre (4 ha) area that until 1930 was filled with the waters of Queen’s Dock.[1] As the dock was not fully filled in, the gardens are largely below the level of the surrounding streets.

Entry made on Drone Scene

7 Likes

Entry for RTF Competition CityScape
The Deep and Riverfront Hull

Taken DJI Mini 2 0704 11/11/2021
The Deep is a public aquarium situated at Sammy’s Point, at the confluence of the River Hull and the Humber Estuary in Hull, England. It opened in March 2002.

Billed as “the world’s only submarium”,[4] the exhibits contain thousands of sea creatures (including seven species of shark), 2,500,000 litres (550,000 imp gal; 660,000 US gal) of water and 87 tonnes (96 short tons; 86 long tons) of salt housed in a building designed by Sir Terry Farrell and built as part of the UK National Lottery’s Millennium Commission project.
Entry made on Drone Scene

7 Likes

Taken on Thursday 11th November. Sunrise over my home town of Bridgwater in Somerset. Using the Dji mini 2 in AEB mode and then merge and small edit in LR.

10 Likes