RTF Competition February 20th to March 5th - SEASCAPES - Winners Announced!

well good job im going away this weekend , at least until Sunday i’ll be near the coastline :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Competition ends Saturday night remember :wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: yep im on the ball this time, cheers matey

@gimbalflight Andy, all all three posts entries for the competition?

Opinion is divided between “the more entries, the better chance of picking up a win” and “the more entries, the more chance of dividing votes between them” :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be honest yes they were all entries as it states in the rules the following…

But I’m not precious about winning, i just want to showcase my work to the forum. So I’m happy to remove two if its deemed i must. If the committee is thinking like you said, then perhaps a rule change to only enter one image is needed? I thought these three were different enough to enter together but i shall bow to your authority ofcourse.

Andy.

1 Like

And not forgetting that you can vote for more than one image, so if they are good then someone voting for one of them can also vote for another - it’s not necessarily a case of one image stealing votes from another

Sorry Andy, the intention wasn’t to get you to remove images if you don’t want to, we were merely pointing out the perceived advantages or disadvantages of multiple entries. In our opinion, not necessarily shared by others, one past contestant lost out with a set of great images that perhaps would have been a win if less were submitted.

As you say, they are distinctly different and of course you are welcome to enter all. The intent behind the competition is in the title - RTF - to give people a Reason To Fly and to have a thread in which to showcase the results .

3 Likes

Understood and thank you for the honest opinion and chance to change my entries. I’d like to keep them in if thats OK.

11-2-ok-picture

Sunset 26/02, seen from Rossall Beach. DJI Air 2 with ND8/CPL filter and a little messing in Paintshop Pro

9 Likes

Rocky groyne at sunset on Rossall Beach, 26/02, DJI Air 2 with ND8/CPL filter and a little messing in Paintshop Pro.

Spot the navigation beacon I nearly crashed into when trying for a QuickShot Orbit with my Mini2 last year :confused:

6 Likes

Burns Month Challenge

Last chance to vote for your favourite video!

Sunset over Morecambe bay this evening. taken with the Mavic 2 pro ND 8

11 Likes

I knew I should have stayed out instead of going to The Little Bare :beers:

Lovely lighting and composition!

1 Like

Hilbre Island sunrise near West Kirby
Taken 07:15 hrs 05/03/2022
DJI Mini 2

10 Likes

◦ Location: Brean Down
◦ Time and date: Today
◦ Aircraft/camera used: M2P
◦ Further information: knees are a right off

6 Likes

Is that it Chris or are here more to come?

Just asking as we normally have a 15 minute coffee break around 10 o’clock but if you are going to drop any more in I’ll have to tell the lads we’re working through. And the union gets really sbiffy, missed breaks cost big bucks! :frowning:

1 Like

I’m done mate. Literally!

Processing: 5C9A470B-E4F3-4163-B8A3-A579842C7CBC.jpeg…
Taken using dji Osmo pocket 2 at Tintagel castle