RTF Competition - January 1st to 14th, 2023 - Still Water - Winners Announced!

I-95 / Palm Bay Road - Palm Bay
Mini 3 Pro
9th January 2023 07:35 EST

LAANC approval required as not far from Melbourne Airport

5 Likes

That’s one way of getting round the trash British weather at the moment.

Frensham Great Pond, taken at 12:18 on Wednesday 11th Jan 2023

DJI Mini 2,
1/800 s, ISO 100 ( f 2.8 )
ND 4 + AEB

There was a break in the weather and the sun came out briefly
TOAL: outside the NT boundary.

3 Likes

West Timperley Nature Reserve

12/01/23 Dji Mini 3 pro Iso 100 1/125 -0.7ev

8 Likes

Which canal branch have you got running through there, Wayne?

That’s the Bridgewater canal

1 Like

Photo taken at Foremark Reservoir, Derbyshire on 07/01/2023 at 1527hrs.
Camera: DJI mini 3 Pro.
5 x bracketed AEB DGN edited in Lightroom.

Foremark Reservoir is a reservoir in South Derbyshire owned by Severn Trent which is also a 230-acre nature reserve open to the public for walking, fishing, bird watching and horse riding. Severn Trent are working together with the National Trust at Foremark. It is also the base for Burton Sailing Club.

4 Likes

taken from Purton Upper Swing Bridge, a view of camel alongside Severn Way
taken on blustery day at 09.07, 13th Jan 2023 ( only day it’s not rained for 2 weeks lol)
aircraft used Mini 2

only chance i’ve had to get airborne, i suspect like rest of you as well, was still too windy really but i didn’t need to go too high
parked in public car park nearby, in better weather there is a nice walk along canal or over other side of bank, along by Severn Estuary with view of M4 and M48 bridges and Wales

5 Likes

This is my entry.
Taken 7th Jan 2023 at Foremark Reservoir Derbyshire At 1509hrs with mini 3 Pro.
ISO 120
Shutter speed 1/1000
Auto WB

5 Likes

Entry

taken 0806 05th Jan 2023 At Cleethorpes Boating Lake
Kings Road
Cleethorpes
Plenty of car parks in front of boating lake

DJI Mini3 Pro

6 Likes

@group-challenges

Well done to all who found still waters amongst the horrible weather we have endured, we have a smallish field to pick from this time around, constraints of both climate and the one image per competitor rule seem to have conspired to keep the standard pleasingly high. (Only one picture had to be removed due to the one person, one image rule :slight_smile: )

As usual, anyone may vote, they may select one, none, all or some of the images as potential winners. The poll closes at 22:00 on Monday 16th January.

2 Likes

Some cracking images.

The calibre of photos here is really good yet again.

2 Likes

@group-challenges

We have an overall winner, two second-place pictures, two fourth and sixth places among the excellent quality field submitted for this round

First among equals - well, for a start second amongst equals (and just pipping several others into the coveted silver medal slot) is this view of Cleethorpes Discovery Centre at Cleethorpes Boating Lake from @john768 - thanks, John

but not to be outdone is equal second from @Sparkyws with a picture of West Timperley Nature Reserve by the side of the Bridgewater Canal - well done Wayne

But the popular vote went to this well-kent view of the celebrated paddle steamer Waverley, the TS Queen Mary and their berths by the Glasgow Science Centre & Tower - great shot, John!

Congratulations to allwho posted such a consistently high standard of images for this round and don’t forget we need your contributions for the January page of the Calendar Competition still and there is the Industry round of RTF running until the 28th of the month!

7 Likes

Well done guys. Well deserved winner and runners up. :+1::clap:

2 Likes

Wow, thanks for the votes guys :blush: :+1: Well done to everyone else, some excellent photos all round! The standard on GADC just keeps on getting better and better :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Well done John and John :grinning:. And everyone else :+1:t2:

Loads of great shots as usual, thanks for voting for mine :wink:

And thanks again to the @Challenges_Committee :clap::clap:

1 Like

Well done to the winners and to all who entered, the quality of all the photos was superb, getting hard to make choices now. :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Well done all! they are seriously good images. Kudos

Well done, great pics at a time of year when flying is tough and the days are short! Congrats to you all.

1 Like