RTF Competition July 3rd to 16th - UGLY BUILDINGS - Winners Announced

Kingsbury Village Theatre.
Taken early this morning and is a frame taken from a very short piece of movie, taken with a Mini2

The name over the door is as the title at this moment in time.
It started out as Kingsbury Working Mens Club many years ago.
I can remember the original building, and I would think a fair amount of it remains deep within the structure.
It really is the worst looking building in the village that would certainly benefit from a couple of coats of JCB.

In the Daily Photo Thread I will put the photo I took after spinning the Mini 2 through 120 degrees approx.
The buildings in that photo didn’t have planning permission.

7 Likes

I’ll just snesk in here and point those of you who haven’t yet found it toward the photo or fpv poll. It would help if you could tick one of the boxes to help with research …

2 Likes

The soon to de demolished Bonny Street Police Station in Blackpool.

Taken with DJI Mini 3 Pro on the 7th July at 17.59

7 Likes

Beat me to it - I was heading there tomorrow :frowning:

( Though I had a different angle in mind )

I’ve been putting it off with having COVID and it’s been too damned windy, wasn’t much better tonight but mission accomplished and seagulls evaded.

1 Like

Yup - I was waiting for the forecast lower winds

The next competition should be “Beautiful police stations”. Would be quite the challenge by the look of it :wink:

I quite like the new Police HQ in Blackpool, though it falls within the Blackpool airport FRZ.

5 Likes
  • Warrington’s ugliest building according to one of the local newspapers - New Town House and the Quattro Building, former office of the borough council.
  • 7/7/22 Approx. 7PM
  • Mini 2 with a CPL filter
  • Unfortunately, no point at all in a dronescene entry as demolition has already started - the demolition fence had just been put up today and there was a demolition guy putting signs saying demolition in progress up on the fence just before I put the drone up, and some demolition plant being driven onto the site around the back. Truly the last opportunity to get a drone shot of this horrendously ugly building intact!

5 Likes
  • Next up for my second entry is another building slated by local newspapers for its ugliness - and here too - Time Square car park in Warrington town centre
  • 7/7/22 Approx. 6PM
  • DJI Mini 2 with a CPL filter
  • Our newspapers sure do love throwing shade at our own architecture. But what do you think? Is this cladding as truly unappealing as our newspapers say?

4 Likes

Did you tell them the ugliness of the building was the attraction? :rofl:

Local papers will do any clickbait article they can think of to get your eyes onto their ad infested pages.

Has any car park ever not looked ugly?

It kinda looks like honeycomb and anything that pays homage to the bees is ok in my book.

1 Like

I dunno it is quite unpopular with locals.

Actually yes i did they just laughed.

Brilliant creatures! :honeybee: We have to keep our little pollinator :honeybee: friends happy and healthy :honeybee:

3 Likes

Used to keep bees when I had access to land to keep them on.

I still pick them up off the pavement when they’re cold-stranded and move them to foliage/flowers. Got a guy staring at me like I’m an alien for it earlier (bumblebee) because I’m not afraid of handling them.

2 Likes

The Wedding Chapel, Blackpool prom

DJI Mini 2, approx 12:03 08/07/22

Hard to find an angle of this building which doesn’t look ungainly :frowning:

6 Likes

I wasn’t sure about posting this as markas has already covered the subject, but decided to submit it anyway as it is a different view…

Blackpool Magistrates Courts complex and ( defunct ) police HQ building

DJI Mini 2, 11:50ish today 08/07/22

3 Likes

It’s summer time!

And we have packed the wee scamps that inhabit the RTF section of Chall Com HQ off on their Wakes week break!

Except that the unionised little B*stards have somehow negotiated a full seven week summer vacation - with pay!

Which leaves you with two just two options for filling the void. Please vote for your choice below

• I don’t care, I’ll wait out the seven weeks until RTF returns.

• I would like to participate in the 5th GADC Birthday Challenge and Treasure Hunt and compete for one of three attractive cash prizes and accompanying unique badges :

0 voters

Check it out HERE!

1 Like