RTF Competition June 19th to July 2nd - Roads - Winners Announced

Took the opportunity between wind gusts to get this long shot of the Old Riplingham Road, Skidby East Yorkshire (formerly Bottoms Road). The clouds were looking particularly interesting.
27th June 19:10
Mini 2

6 Likes

High Hunsley, East Yorkshire. Junction between Whin Lane & Littlewood Rd.
It wasn’t until I got in the air that I noticed the different vegetation in each corner.
June 21st 19:00
Mini 2

6 Likes

I managed to get out on Wednesday and drove to the roman road on the North York Moors. English Heritage describe it as a mile long stretch of road that is probably roman, but could be earlier or later… There’s a nice kink in it with parking and its a beatuful place for a picnic and a walk / fly. (the what 3 words for it is ///optimally.icebergs.increased) I liked the little track that disappeared into the hills (but didn’t walk up there - maybe another day…)
I think it’s a lovely place and may try to put it on dronescene.
Picture was taken on 29th with my Mini 3 Pro - all settings to auto as I’ve not progressed to manual yet. I did use windows picture to reduce the file size from the 24ishMB.

7 Likes

Pitsford Causeway Northamptonshire

Taken 1st July @ 5:40am
With Dji Air2s

The reservoir was built in 1956 to supply the town of Northampton, which is about 6 miles to the south.

6 Likes

Some great stills and videos of roads for you to choose a winning image. All GADC members can vote, those that didn’t take part in this competition are encouraged to enter the current one!

As always you can vote for one, none, some or all of the entries. Hurry, the poll closes on Monday July 4th at 22:00.

You can find the next competition here

We had an interesting mix - an approximately 70 -30 split between still and video; looks like these newfangled moving pictures are becoming increasingly popular And there was a broad selection of roads that were pictured; you have chosen the three winning images - which are:

In a worthy third place, each with 25% of voters selecting them are @Acedrone with a hyperlapse of Pitsford Causeway and @ximi with a view of the crossroads at High Hunsley. Well done to both of you :slight_smile:

Pipped at the post was @firstadekit with the cloverleaf on the A441/A448 junction - - a hyperlapse that, through necessity became a striking still

And our well-deserved winner, forsaking his usual Manchester haunts for the undoubted attractions of the Gravelly Hill Interchange was @kvetner who treated us to this convoluted tiny planet!

Well done to our winners and thank you to everyone who entered this contest. And on to the next - Ugly Buildings is live until July 16th!

9 Likes

Woohoo! Well done to @Acedrone @ximi and @firstadekit!

I just got lucky when a work trip to Birmingham came up and Spaghetti Junction jumped to mind.

I’m struggling for ugly buildings in beautiful Manchester so maybe I can make it back to Birmingham again! :wink:

1 Like

Well done everybody great entries. :clap:t2: Obviously going to have to try harder. :rofl:

2 Likes

Well done winners! I am happy with 6th and 16% of the vote :smiley:

Woo … well done all, :slightly_smiling_face:

That was a great winning picture @kvetner :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Well done everyone it’s the participating that makes it interesting

GMEX :grimacing:

1 Like

Well done to all, with deserved 1,2 &3.

Redrock Stockport ?

Ah, yes, winner of the 2018 Carbuncle Cup!

Well done all, deserving winners and all great entries :clap: :clap:

Well done all. Deserved winner as it looks ace as a tiny planet @kvetner

2 Likes

:clap:Well done to the winners. Some very nice entries and it was a fun competition.

2 Likes

Love the way the people are ‘rushing’ about…

1 Like