RTF Competition June 19th to July 2nd - Roads - Winners Announced

@Challenges_Committee Can you submit a video that is cut edited ie all taken on same flight but not contiguous? I stopped the video to take pictures and then carried on but thought after it would make an interesting 30 second jobby for roads comp.

The rules do not forbid your edit. The judges are your fellow GADC members. They will vote on whtherthe idea isvalid when it comes time to vote for the best entries. There is a potentil problem with including different scenes, albeit of the same subject - the poor challcom work experience lad who makes the five second gif from your video may well choose the less intersting part …

Caveat emptor.

1 Like

Ok cheers. Might as well put it in, now I"m half way through. Gives me summit to do :hot_face: :laughing:

1 Like

The Shrimp Roundabout, Morecambe. Morecambe Bay is famous for its shrimps, The Shrimps are the local football team and the pub on the roundabout is The Shrimp (where I used to park my pedal car when I was 4 and go see the pub landlord).

The roundabout is joined by 5 roads. 3 roads are marked dual lane onto the roundabout. 1 road isn’t marked as 2 lanes but used as 2 lanes. 1 road is dual lane off the roundabout. As you can see, no lane markings on the roundabout. The mini roundabout allows traffic joining The Shrimp to cross traffic leaving The Shrimp. Wacky layout.

No edits. Taken with a Mini 2 in Auto mode 18:51 on 29.June.2022 at The Shrimp Roundabout in Morecambe. Pleasant surprise seeing the flower beds populated.

5 Likes

The famous Spaghetti Junction, photographed yesterday, shortly after 9pm, with the DJI Mini 2.

Tiny planet made using Planetical; adjustments in Snapseed.

10 Likes

29/06/22 approx. 7PM
Air 2

Thelwall Viaduct is a major bridge of the M6 across the Manchester Ship Canal adjacent to two discontiguous segments of a SSSI (Woolston Eyes).

Dronescene entry: Thelwall Viaduct - Added to Bridges in Unknown

7 Likes

Been across that more times than I care to think about, commuting between Derby and Preston twice a week for roughly two years.

Road to the Festivals. Catton Park, South Derbyshire.

Clearing up taking place after The Cider & Sausage Festival last week ready for The Back 2 Festival starting today 30-6-2022.
It is a lovely drive past Catton Hall from Walton on Trent to near the National Arboretum at Alrewas.
TOAL was from the roadside on the Walton side of Catton Park.
Taken with Mini2 29-6-2022.

Added to Where to Fly.

5 Likes

Location, Sorrento Italy, Road: SS145 - Strada Natale, Sorrento, Italy.
Shot using mini 2 on the 24-6-2022 at approx 0700am.
Clips edited in Filmora 11, no colour grading (footage was only interrupted for me to take pictures).

Overlooking the Gulf of Naples, the state road 145 connects Castellammare di Stabia to Sorrento, insinuating itself into the Sorrento peninsula and offering wonderful views of the gulf. A natural terrace where it is pleasant to drive, but also to stop to admire the view, take a photo or savor some culinary specialties, from Gragnano pasta to Agerola mozzarella.

Was on holiday when the competition came out so thought I’d use some of the footage I took at the time. The SS145 road looped past our hotel and was pretty busy with mainly coaches and complete nutters riding Vespas!

Apparently the average cost for a new bike rider (as young as 14) to insure a Vespa is about €2500 (nearly twice as much as a family car). Not surprised as if there was a hole seemingly big enough, they darted straight for it. Road paths, grass verges you name it, it was all fair game to them.

It is not illegal for the rider to carry children in front of them as long as they are over the age of 7. I saw bike riders with dogs between their legs so that their head (the dogs’ that is) were sticking out one side and their ass on the other of the bike, which apparently is also legal!

Couldn’t put the take off location on Drone Scene as outside UK! :smiling_face_with_tear:

5 Likes

Slight problem Colin,

The settings on YouTube seem to have changed. We could see your video a couple of hours ago, now all we have is this:

Is there anything you can do to get it to show again?

Ill have a look :+1:t2:

Its working on my phone. Sent URL to wifes phone and works on that too? See if this link works.

Not on the Chall Com pc in either Chrome or Firefox

Just checked on YT Youtube. For some reason the Enable embed check button was switched off? Its back on now. Cheers for spotting. :+1:t2: Should work!

2 Likes

Yes your right see above. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Just saw your reply so deleted my overly long explanation! :wink:

1 Like

Probably got more posts for the problem than votes. :rofl: :rofl:

All good again. Thanks! :white_check_mark:

Took the opportunity between wind gusts to get this long shot of the Old Riplingham Road, Skidby East Yorkshire (formerly Bottoms Road). The clouds were looking particularly interesting.
27th June 19:10
Mini 2

6 Likes

High Hunsley, East Yorkshire. Junction between Whin Lane & Littlewood Rd.
It wasn’t until I got in the air that I noticed the different vegetation in each corner.
June 21st 19:00
Mini 2

6 Likes