RTF Competition March 26th to April 8th - Red - Winners Announced!

@group-challenges

Here you go, fill your boots. The subject for this round is Red

Hint: A wee kite at the rules wouldn’t go amiss …

RTF RULES
Scope

The requirement is to submit one still image created using a drone to illustrate the subject of the competition. The subject for the competition running from 00:01 March 26th to 23:00 April 8th 2023 is Red

The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open. It is a Reason To Fly competition so please show that the image is created by a flying camera!

Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only. There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

Only one image will be accepted.

Images must be posted with the following information as a minimum:

• Aircraft/camera used
  • Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest

Voting

Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for two days after the closing date for competition entries.

Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not.

You may vote for all, some or none of the entries.

The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Schedule

The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday around 22:30. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members selecting from three that have been picked at random from the subject list. You may make additions to the list at any time.

The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.00 fourteen days later. Voting by poll will be open for a further two days until Monday 22:00

The winner, second and third-placed competitors will be announced shortly after the vote is closed and counted

Have Fun! Be Safe!

All flights are the sole responsibility of the individual conducting them. Each competitor must abide by the drone code and adhere to the limitations and restrictions imposed upon them by aviation law, the aircraft being used and the qualifications they hold. Landowners’ wishes and permissions must be respected and adhered to. If a flight is undertaken in a restricted zone proof of permission having been granted is required.

3 Likes

One to get the ball rolling ( though I do have an idea for another subject, that will depend on weather and timing )

Blackpool Royal Mail DO, 26/3/23 11:31, DJI Mini 2

7 Likes

Lots of Red , Great shot , are they all on strike :slight_smile:

Sunday, so they are all at home :wink:

Think that loss of an hour has gone to my head :confounded::disappointed:

@MartG1960 my choice subject as well :+1: but most of our local depot vans were out today for some reason. :cry:

it was mine too on thinking, but, our local depot looks like a scrap yard so it quickly went out the window :rofl:

The only other red thing I can think of is the mist that drops over the missus’ eyes when I walk mud onto her freshly mopped floor!:grin::scream::axe:

ENTRY - replacing the Royal Mail one ( so others can now feel free to take pics of mail vans :slight_smile: )

My other hobby - 1987 Toyota MR2

11:18 27/03/23, DJI Mini 2

11 Likes

You gotta love the MR2👌

So red post office vans and a red MR2. Anyone who comes up with a drone photo of anything red that doesn’t travel on a road deserves a medal.

I’ve done 140 miles today either looking for ‘RED’ things or ‘March’ representations and come up with absolutely nothing, the drone never even made it out of the bag, day wasted, tired and on nights, I give up :neutral_face:

Other thoughts I had included traffic lights ( probably best at night ), sunset, or the boats in @Kings entry in the previous comp.

Rowley Park Stadium, Stafford taken by DJI mini 3 Pro
27/03/23 @ 1645hrs
ISO 100
SS average 1/2000
5 X DNG Brkt edited in LrC.

8 Likes

Entry
Home of the Mariners.

Image taken 0748 27th March 2023 Showing Youngs Stand
Blundell Park Cleethorpes DJI Mini3 Pro

Blundell Park is a football ground in Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire, England and home to Grimsby Town Football Club. The stadium was built in 1899, but only one of the original stands remains. The current capacity of the ground is 9,052, after being made all-seater in summer 1995, reducing the number from around 27,000. Several relegations in previous years meant the expansion seating was also taken away; that reduced the capacity further from around 12,000 to what it is now.Grimsby Town never play at home with their ground being in Cleethorpes!.

Not an entry
Image shows whole Fooball Ground

6 Likes

Down on the farm

DJI mini3 pro
30-03-2023 11-11AM

2 Likes

Point of Ayr Lighthouse (aka Talacre Lighthouse)

Mini3Pro, 30-3-23. 48Mpx raw capture.

The Lighthouse is tilting and I chose this view to show it.

7 Likes

Hi , First time post here , (RED anti collision lights) looking at Manchester (From the South (Streford) Mavic Pro2 f5.6 1s ISO 1600 Only thing Ive done is crop photo. Let me know if ive missed any required info :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Try googling red landmarks in XXXXX before getting in the car!

And i thought us drone pilots were known for our our planning! :smiley:

First Direct Arena.

Leeds.
30/03/2023 - 20:29.
DJI Mini 3 Pro.
ISO 100.
Shutter 1/3s, -1ev.

3 Likes