RTF Competition March 6th to 19th - TALLEST - Winners Announced!

Not very happy with my efforts this evening, couldn’t get the angles or timing right.

This is Deansgate Square, which includes Manchester’s tallest building. And Elizabeth Tower on the right. Taken with my DJI Mini 2 this evening at sunset.

10 Likes

Great shot. Where do you go to take these pictures?

This one was from the canal area at Castlefield. I’ve taken off from the street just south of Deansgate Square as well on several occasions. Need to find some new spots!

Use the staires at ///places.sketch.sheet and fly from the car park. There is never anyone up there so you never get bothered.

We hope your aircraft enjoyed the fresh air and sunlight and got a bit of exercise by flying high, the result was a nice, varied crop of images with some interesting stories. And now ids the time for them to be judged!

As always, whether you have a dog in this fight or not, you can vote for all, some, none or one of the entries. The poll closes at 22:00 on Monday March 21st.

And for the next competition - Moving Water - go here

Yes, I’ve flown from there as well.

1 Like

The votes have been counted! Well done everyone :slight_smile:

And a very well done to our front-runners, third place goes to @Acedrone with an atmospheric shot of the intriguing National Lift Tower.; that has elevated our spirits, Jason!

Just beaten into second place is @Drumsagard with another fine image of his home city and its Millennium Tower (and a rather fine vessel moored in the foreground) Thank you, John.

But nosing ahead with his view of Manchester’s tall towers at the beginning of what promises to be a sunny day is @Gavinnewcombe who put some work into post-processing his 6 picture HDR pano to produce his fine vertical pano. Congratulations Gavin for winning this round of the RTF Competition!

7 Likes

Congratulations :+1:

4 Likes

Congratulations Gavin @Gavinnewcombe and Jason @Acedrone great images :+1: and well done to everyone else, all great images :+1: :clap:

3 Likes

Great result. Well done everyone. :clap:

3 Likes

Well done everyone.

2 Likes

Congrats all :clap::clap::clap: Some mighty fine edits there, well done :+1:

2 Likes

Well done everybody.

3 Likes

Enjoyed this one. Some great entries. Loved the winning pic.

3 Likes

Well done to the winners and everybody who entered the competition

3 Likes

@Gavinnewcombe
I really love your shot well done :clap:

3 Likes

As usual, plenty of excellent shots, well done gents. :star_struck:

3 Likes

Thank you very much. Its all in the weather.

2 Likes

Worthy winner, well done @Gavinnewcombe

3 Likes