RTF Competition - May 22 to June 4 - BRIDGES - Winners Announced!

f you are new to this board then a quick explanation of the Reason To Fly Competition is in order. Three subjects are picked randomly from a list suggested by GADC members. One of the subjects is chosen by ballot and the objective is to produce your best picture or short video illustrating that subject. The winning images are decided by popular vote.

Thpse old lags with long memories will recall that a major incident destroyed the Votalyzer ™. At the time it was thought that all data had been destroyed in the resulting fire but the team clearing the chamber that had contained the stricken machine found some charred fragments under the fallen phosphor-bronze main gear wheel.

This one is key:

So we can say with some certainty that the valiant Votalyzer ™ produced a result even as it fell to self-destruction. The subject for the RTF Competition for May 22 to June 4, 2022 is that old favourite, BRIDGES

RTF RULES

Scope

• The requirement is to submit an image, either a photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition.
• The subject for the competition running from 00:01 Sunday May 22nd to 23:00 Saturday June 4th 2022 is Bridges
• The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open and obviously be taken by a drone in flight - so somewhat higher than your eyeline please!
• Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.
• Videos must be a maximum of 30 seconds and hosted on Vimeo or YouTube. Paste the url on a separate line in your post - this will allow the moderators to make a five second gif of a section of your video for entry into the poll.
• Competitors may enter as many images as they wish. Each must be in a separate post. If you do enter multiple pictures please try to illustrate the subject by markedly different images.
• Images must be posted with the following information as a minimum:
◦ Location
◦ Time and date
◦ Aircraft/camera used

Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest

• A valid. sensible and original Drone Scene entry for your image will gain two bonus votes when judging takes place - i.e. there must be no prior Drone Scene entry for the subject of your photograph. Please note the qualifier “sensible” in the previous sentence. Drone Scene entries should be of places and objects that other pilots may want to photograph, for example traffic islands or derelict barns may fall outwith that description!

Voting

• Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for two days after the closing date for competition entries.
  • Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not. You may vote for all, some or none of the entries.
  • Any image that is correctly added to the Drone Scene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded two bonus votes.
  • In the event of a tie a guest judge will decide the winner
  • The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Schedule

• The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday around 22:30. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members.
• The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.00 fourteen days later.
• Voting by poll will be open for a further two days until Monday 23:00
• The winner will be announced once the vote is closed and counted

Have Fun!

Some HDR is proof of the old adage that you can’t polish a turd. But you can hold it, mould it and roll it in glitter (macspite)
9 Likes

Okay, I think I have a pretty good one for this.

• Location: Swing bridge on the Manchester Ship Canal in operation at London Road, Warrington
  • Time and date: 16:44 on 26 April 2022
  • Aircraft/Camera: DJI Mini 2, stock camera with an ND8 filter

EDIT: Scratch that I took this on a date out of scope!

3 Likes

May 22 to June 4 . :joy::joy::joy:

:man_facepalming:

Ugh I missed that bit. I blame my dyslexia. XD

I’ll go take some more photos of it but doubt I’ll get one of it operating again!

Conisborough Viaduct Doncaster
22/05/2022 15:05pm
Mavic 3

10 Likes

Mavic 3

8 Likes

Mavic 3

6 Likes

Mavic 3

8 Likes

Mavic 3

6 Likes

Mavic 3

7 Likes

Mavic 3

6 Likes

OKAY let’s try this again.

London Road Swing Bridge, Warrington, Cheshire hyperlapse
22/05/22 approx. 16:15PM
Mavic Air 2

9 Likes

Awwww I was expecting it to open and all the cars fall off :grin:

Like it …

Nicely done :+1:

And a still.

London Road Swing Bridge, Warrington, Cheshire.
22/05/22 15:30
Mavic Air 2

9 Likes

Thank you!

There’s a park right next door to the bridge I use to fly under A16 OA so I can take my new big boy camera drone out to do something like this in the middle of Warrington conveniently.

2 Likes

Seven entries , all of the same bridge. You may have set some sort of record there. Steve! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got to be in it to win it.

Anyway, they are all different angles.

It does say as many entries as you want so I don’t want anyone to say “would have looked better form that angle”

These are HDR auto generated photos from Google photos. Each one is 5 photos AEB. You know I’m crap at editing as I’m colour blind so I figured let the AI do it for me.

So actually if we spilt airs, I have posted 35 photos of the same bridge :grin:

Our comment was neither criticism nor reproof, merely an observation.

We think you may have missed a trick here - as well as photographing the bridge from various angles to obtain seven (or 35) images with just your Mavic 3 you could have used a different aircraft from your impressive collection for each shot!