RTF Competition October 17th to 30th - LIGHTS - Winners announced!

:thinking:Hmmm …lights …can I get permission to fly in the lighting department of a DIY store

1 Like

A brief window in the weather yesterday, so I took my Chimera 4 FPV drone for a night flight. Image is a screenshot from the 720p video from the Caddx Polar camera recorded in the DJI Goggles. Taken in Thornton Lancashire, one of the dots of light at the far edge of the black space is my house, with the Iron Horse pub in the foreground :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Entry for RTF Competition Lights 17th-30th October
Video of Cleethorpes pier at Dusk
Taken 1704 hrs 19th October 2021
DJI Mini 2
Entry made on drone Scene

Battling strond wind ,started raining had to cut video short.

3 Likes

:rofl: Love the small print…also love the efforts so far, nice work everyone!

I’m hoping the grotty weather will do one in time for my entry to take place! It’s clear right now but I need some darkness, and I’m working…

Another from approximately the same location as my previous pic a couple of days ago, but this time with the Mini 2 and not one of my FPV drones, so the resolution is a tad better :slight_smile: I was lazy tonight - just flew from my back garden :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Morning all. I’d like to enter this. It’s not the original idea I was going to enter as I’ve yet to achieve the results I’m after so that is to come. But this came out better than I thought so figured why not enter it anyway! I hope it’s within the rules to post both the 360 link and complete image as they are the same photo. If a mod can tell me otherwise I’ll post separately. There is lots going on!

Shot at Basingstoke Leisure Park
21/12/21 @ 20:14
DJI Air 2S

360 Pano

Cheers.
Andy.

11 Likes

@gimbalflight this image has it all Andy, street lights, car lights, house lights, factory lights and even moonlight …nice shot Alan

1 Like

Blatant disregard of the one image one post rule! :slight_smile:

Not a problem, it makes our task easier for adding images to the end of competition poll.

We will amend the rules for the next comp to address 360 images and also, we think, ask video contributors to include their preferred thumbnail from it. At the moment it is up to us to select a frame grab to provide the image for the judging poll.

2 Likes

Did I find a loophole? I’ll give myself another wedgie.

1 Like

Sorry, some motorway spam upcoming as quite liked a few of these. Appreciate light trials is another topic that may come up at a later date, but, still, light innit! These have been adjusted slightly in post in Lightroom to bring out more natural tones. I believe that’s allowed within the confines of the rules.

All taken this evening between M42 J9 Dunton and J10 Tamworth, DJI Mini 2

10 Likes

5 Likes

10 Likes

DNG files appear not to display. When you upload you can see a list of acceptable file types. Jpg or *.png are fine. Recently got *.jfif and *.webp added as they are becoming more common.

I’ll sort while I can, hopefully!

Night flight at Clifton Suspention Bridge,
Bristol
Air 2S
22/10/2021 - 20:00

10 Likes

Entry for RTF Competition Lights
Taken Kings Road Cleethorpes
1811 hrs 22nd OCTOBER 2021
Feeling Hungry??

3 Likes

Very nice @john768. Mine has a McDonald’s, KFC, Costa, Lidl, Beefeater, Morrisons! And my house. No wonder I’m always eating… :rofl:

Which one did you go to for dinner?

2 Likes

Time for another vote guys - this time for the subject for the next competition which runs from October 31st to November 13th. Choose wisely! :slight_smile:

1 Like

◦ Location: Magic Roundabout, Swindon
◦ Time and date: 18:30 hours, 23 Oct 2021
◦ Aircraft/camera used: Mini 2

11 Likes

South Shields Fun Fair
23/10/2021 approx 1745 hrs
DJI Mavic Air 2

6 Likes