RTF Competition October 17th to 30th - LIGHTS - Winners announced!

Stunning photos, well done mate.

A few from Brum. Sadly I got a little flustered with my night ones and put the camera on auto, which has clearly introduced way too much noise as it raised the ISO. Was some yoofs hanging around and some blatent druggies on the top of the multi-storey I TOALed from so wasn’t in the mood for hanging around longer than I needed too. Would have liked to have got a 90 degree downward of the Grand Central ‘flight of the navigator’ dome, but was getting low signal warnings I guess due to all the interference in the area, and wasn’t in the mood for testing out RTH due to loss of signal in a city centre, even more as my TOAL location was high enough. Maybe I do want obstacle avoidance after all! :joy:

DJI Mini 2.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve got more and some Brumset pics, but I think these 3 were maybe the best of a bad bunch. Will post the others in a dedicated thread.

4 Likes

Even one year later I am still constantly blown away by how capable the DJI Mini 2 is.

5 Likes

I should take delivery tomorrow… :grin:

Yeah I’m wishing I’d of upgraded my mini1 when it first come out to be honest.

1 Like

Forgot I even took this, this morning too. When I got out the car it was still pitch black, but by the time I’d got to my TOAL point it suddenly seemed a lot lighter, anyway, there’s lights!!!

Location: University of Birmingham, taken this morning about 7:30 with DJI Mini 2

3 Likes

Plenty lights at Sunderland with the festival of light in progress but unfortunately accompanied with wind and or rain for the next few days …not a happy puppy !

◦ Location: Swindon Town FC Car Park
◦ Time and date: 19:30 hours, 26 Oct 2021
◦ Aircraft/camera used: Mini 2
◦ Drone Scene: Link

4 Likes

◦ Location: Swindon Town FC Car Park
◦ Time and date: 19:30 hours, 26 Oct 2021
◦ Aircraft/camera used: Mini 2
◦ Drone Scene: Link

4 Likes

Fair play adding a car park to dronescene. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Wally Gargett, age 64.
My home town Killingworth lakeshore Newcastle upon Tyne UK. taken with the DJI Mini 2 on Wednesday evening 28th October 2021. No filters, no computer changes. Taken straight from the Mini 2.

![image|690x388](upload://5nS1nrkhqYHiR3dq7r5nz628BUU.jpeg
Mini magpie 2

6 Likes

Just a quick reminder to those with multiple entries.

There is no problem at all with this, it clearly states in the rules that you may enter as many times as you wish.

The more entries, the more chance of winning? Or multiple entries dilute your chances of votes for just one? Your choice.

Unless indicated otherwise all images will be placed in the poll. So, if you want to make any changes message us in time for the poll to be changed - i.e not at two minutes to closing. That tends to piss off the duty code monkey!

Was hoping to get out more for this comp but the weather has been terrible, so this is my only entry.

M74 Bothwell Interchange - 22/10/21 - 18:46 - Mini 2 - 3 secs @ f2.8, 200iso.

7 Likes

Really nice image John, weather hasn’t been great for longer exposures but you’ve nailed it again!

1 Like

Thanks Rich :+1:

If we only want the one entered, do we just let you know which one?

If this is the case, then please enter #39, thanks :+1:

Just a suggestion but why not just make it one entry per person? Would make for a far tidier thread and a lot easier to see the actual entries.

3 Likes

Remove Posts #31 & #88 from contention, thanks