RTF Competition October 17th to 30th - LIGHTS - Winners announced!

That’s right, laugh at my dyslexia. Spell checkers aren’t infallible, thank you very much! :slight_smile:

Good luck with the FPV Trick poll then :rofl:

◦ Location: M4, Junction 16, Swindon
◦ Time and date: 18:30 hours, 24 Oct 2021
◦ Aircraft/camera used: Mini 2
◦ Drone Scene: Link

3 Likes

◦ Location: M4, Junction 16, Swindon
◦ Time and date: 18:30 hours, 24 Oct 2021
◦ Aircraft/camera used: Mini 2
◦ Drone Scene: Link

3 Likes

@clinkadink Loving your work :+1:

1 Like

Manchester, 24th October, DJI Mini 2.

7 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

Diwali festival of Light Belgrave road Leicester

This was taken last night at around 20:00

With my DJI M2

I took off from Large B&M car park, I was in the air for about 8 minuet and I notice another drone in the air. I guess it was a big drone from the light it had, minuets late 4 policemen walking through the car park approached me and ask kindly what I was doing so I explained I was flying a drone and pointed to it in the night sky, he said I had been spotted by the police drone and requested to see my flyers ID and wanted to see my screen. So I obliged at the same time tell him it’s a DJIM2 sub 250 g but he still wanted my Flyers ID . I handed it to him, he took a picture of it and sent it for verification . it took about 10 minuet for this and in the mean time I proceeded to land my drone for safety.

All checked out ok and he said I could continue to fly if a safe manor over buildings and not public crowds which I was observing anyway.

4 Likes

Pretty sure you still need to register a sub250g if it has a camera on board :+1:t2: probably why he wanted to see your screen to check if it had a camera. Nice to hear the police are educated somewhat on drone law now seems a very positive experience :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

Yes it was not a bad experience he was easy to talk too.

1 Like

Technically it’s the Operator ID he should have asked for. No need for a Flyer ID for a sub-250g drone. But yes, a positive experience all round!

2 Likes

I did give both as I have them printed on a card which I carry in my drone bag knowing this day would come :smiley:

8 Likes

Sounds like a good experience with the law. :+1:

Think I probably would of said “don’t talk to me until I’m safely on the ground, my concentration needs to be on the drone at this time”

That probably would of got his back up and he would of then found something to pin on me! :joy:

1 Like

Baldy tyres is always a good bet, not sure how he’d tie that in with a drone though, but yes, they always find something, like Constable Savage. :man_shrugging:

Hmmmm what would they think of not veryprettyboy’s TRICAN drone :face_with_hand_over_mouth:…Alan

My first night flight and my first competition entry. A small fairground happened to pop up at the weekend which fit the theme nicely. I’m still blown away at the quality of images this tiny drone can capture. Is it actually worth putting transient events like this on DroneScene?

19:46 hours, 23 Oct 2021
DJI Mini 2

12 Likes

Cheers Jason :smiley:

Stunning photos, well done mate.

A few from Brum. Sadly I got a little flustered with my night ones and put the camera on auto, which has clearly introduced way too much noise as it raised the ISO. Was some yoofs hanging around and some blatent druggies on the top of the multi-storey I TOALed from so wasn’t in the mood for hanging around longer than I needed too. Would have liked to have got a 90 degree downward of the Grand Central ‘flight of the navigator’ dome, but was getting low signal warnings I guess due to all the interference in the area, and wasn’t in the mood for testing out RTH due to loss of signal in a city centre, even more as my TOAL location was high enough. Maybe I do want obstacle avoidance after all! :joy:

DJI Mini 2.

3 Likes