RTF Competition October 17th to 30th - LIGHTS - Winners announced!

Forgot I even took this, this morning too. When I got out the car it was still pitch black, but by the time I’d got to my TOAL point it suddenly seemed a lot lighter, anyway, there’s lights!!!

Location: University of Birmingham, taken this morning about 7:30 with DJI Mini 2

3 Likes

Plenty lights at Sunderland with the festival of light in progress but unfortunately accompanied with wind and or rain for the next few days …not a happy puppy !

◦ Location: Swindon Town FC Car Park
◦ Time and date: 19:30 hours, 26 Oct 2021
◦ Aircraft/camera used: Mini 2
◦ Drone Scene: Link

4 Likes

◦ Location: Swindon Town FC Car Park
◦ Time and date: 19:30 hours, 26 Oct 2021
◦ Aircraft/camera used: Mini 2
◦ Drone Scene: Link

4 Likes

Fair play adding a car park to dronescene. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Wally Gargett, age 64.
My home town Killingworth lakeshore Newcastle upon Tyne UK. taken with the DJI Mini 2 on Wednesday evening 28th October 2021. No filters, no computer changes. Taken straight from the Mini 2.

![image|690x388](upload://5nS1nrkhqYHiR3dq7r5nz628BUU.jpeg
Mini magpie 2

6 Likes

Just a quick reminder to those with multiple entries.

There is no problem at all with this, it clearly states in the rules that you may enter as many times as you wish.

The more entries, the more chance of winning? Or multiple entries dilute your chances of votes for just one? Your choice.

Unless indicated otherwise all images will be placed in the poll. So, if you want to make any changes message us in time for the poll to be changed - i.e not at two minutes to closing. That tends to piss off the duty code monkey!

Was hoping to get out more for this comp but the weather has been terrible, so this is my only entry.

M74 Bothwell Interchange - 22/10/21 - 18:46 - Mini 2 - 3 secs @ f2.8, 200iso.

7 Likes

Really nice image John, weather hasn’t been great for longer exposures but you’ve nailed it again!

1 Like

Thanks Rich :+1:

If we only want the one entered, do we just let you know which one?

If this is the case, then please enter #39, thanks :+1:

Just a suggestion but why not just make it one entry per person? Would make for a far tidier thread and a lot easier to see the actual entries.

3 Likes

Remove Posts #31 & #88 from contention, thanks

John, the matter of one image per person is being discussed amongst those of us at Chall Com HQ. Certainly it would be easier all round to see just one picture selected by the competitor from a slew of very similar looking images.

But here is also the situation where someone has two shots from different locations that they feel are equally good - for instance if the subject was Landscapes without Buildings they may consider a shot they had taken of a rugged coastline as worthy as their picture of an uninhabited moorland.

We are hoping that the competitors’ good sense will prevail

I’ll keep #68, and lose #69 and #70 please.

@Challenges_Committee I would be happy with a single entry rule , member can then decide which image they consider has the best chance , daily photo thread can be used for possible submissions and other members opinions and comments …that’s if it makes life easier for the committee…thanks for your efforts Alan

1 Like

Well, the fair has reached Belper this evening, so it had to be done.

It’s not currently raining, although it’s a little breezy for the Mini. I was also a little concerned that there might be a bunch of extra interference, so I kept my distance and settled for a panorama.

Seems my gut was right. As I was bringing it in, it decided to go into landing mode about 15m up and in completely open space. The little button in Fly that says’ Tap to cancel landing’ wasn’t doing the trick so I just had to watch it plop down into the grass a couple of metres away. I could have gone and caught it, but it was very dark and I thought I’d keep my finger ends. :grin:

This was actually a lucky escape. I’d done a test flight a little way off, just to check the wind stability before getting closer. I didn’t bother shutting it down when I walked 2 minutes to my chosen photography site to save the faff of waiting for the controller to pair again. Looking at the logs it seems it didn’t update the home point the second time I took off, so I’m lucky it just decided to land and not RTH, or it would have undoubtedly come to grief in some trees. :scream: It seems every flight is still a learning experience.

Sure enough, there are a few ‘weak signal’ warnings and it was only 60m up and 5m away at maximum.

If only I’d known, back in April when I was replacing my first Mini, that the hobby was going to stick. I can see the value of the extra £100 now.

1 Like

Fair enough, but as a photographer I was taught that you should be your own judge and be able to critique your own work, to pick your best image. If I had two shots from different locations I’d still decide which one was my best and enter it on it’s own.

In case it counts, I am all for posting one image per comp. As this seems to be the norm, with all other comps.

1 Like

One per subject, then if you wanted to enter more it would need to be a different subject

2 Likes