RTF Competition - Cityscape - Winners announced!

The subject for the competition has been chosen by you as CITYSCAPE in a very close and almost evenly split poll!

The rules have been slightly amended - please read :slight_smile:

RTF RULES

Scope

• The requirement is to submit an image, either a photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition.
• The subject for the competition running from 00:01 Sunday October 31st to 23:00 Saturday November 13th is CITYSCAPE
• The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open and obviously be taken by a drone in flight.
• Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.
• Videos must be a maximum of 30 seconds and hosted on Vimeo or YouTube. Paste the url on a separate line in your post and include a screengrab to be added to the poll
• Competitors may enter as many images as they wish. Each must be in a separate post. If you do enter multiple images please try to illustrate the subject by markedly different images.
• Images must be posted with the following information as a minimum:
◦ Location
◦ Time and date
◦ Aircraft/camera used

Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest

• A valid and original Drone Scene entry for your image will gain two bonus votes when judging takes place - i.e. there must be no prior Drone Scene entry for the subject of your photograph

Voting

• Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for two days after the closing date for competition entries.
  • Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not. You may vote for all, some or none of the entries.
  • Any image that is correctly added to the Drone Scene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded two bonus votes.
  • In the event of a tie a guest judge will decide the winner
  • The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Schedule

• The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday around 22:30. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members.
• The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.00 fourteen days later.
• Voting by poll will be open for a further two days until Monday 23:00
• The winner will be announced once the vote is closed and counted

Have Fun!

Security Notice: The cashier does not hold the keys to a happy marriage.
5 Likes

/PicturesYouCanHear :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I loved the cinematography of both Bladerunner films :heart_eyes: Just got to try and make Gloucester look like a dystopian Los Angeles now :joy:

2 Likes

Give this government a couple more months and Gloucester will look like dystopian Gloucester! :frowning:

2 Likes

Quick reminder:

If you want to vote for the winner of the last competition you only have until Monday !st at 23:00 (24 hours or so as I write this). Every vote counts!

1 Like

So you don’t have to search for it :wink:

2 Likes

Taken this evening with MM just on the outskirts of Gloucester. Ended up with loads of images that would have been more appropriate for last weeks ‘Lights’ theme than Cityscapes but nevermind, at least I’ll know where to go if the lights theme pops up again :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Thanks for opening the competition, Rich! No doubt lights will pop up in some form again soon - Christmas lights or Illuminations or After Dark or somesuch :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am guessing, being RTF, there’ll be some wiggle room regarding the term “Cityscape”, since I am sure most of us, don’t live in a city, and some of us don’t live anywhere near a city.

Ideally, it would be great if we could capture images like these. But I can safely say, Swindon (or anywhere close) is a far cry from these places :rofl:

Just clarifying before I make a tit of myself :smirk:

Post an image. Your colleagues will soon tell you if they consider it a cityscape or not.

If you get a wriggle on you could always build your own …

1 Like

Odd of people to vote for something they won’t be able to take pictures of though. :smirk:

I doubt I’ll get Mini 2 back before this one ends sadly. Probably be lighthouses as the chosen topic when I do. :rofl:

Not me. I will have to get creative :wink:

You can have one of my shots of Swindon’s skyscrapers :joy:

Me thinks your making excuses, you can get creative!

*Not an entry

2 Likes

Certainly wasn’t my first choice or even second choice but trying to make the most of it and get creative or travel :smirk:

Alas, no :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I was just asking …

Is there some wiggle room regarding the term “Cityscape”

But … on the topic of excuses :wink:

I voted for cityscapes intending to take photos of Glasgow, then I remembered about COP26 :man_facepalming: :frowning_face:

You can apply to the police for permission to fly in the COP26 flight restriction, of course.

(Good luck with that!) :rofl:

For the pedants amongst you:

For the rest of us just consider this as Buildings without Landscapes (thanks @Sandbagger )

1 Like

Since Swindon’s “city status” is in the bag :rofl: … It’s with great pleasure to display …

:cityscape: SWINDON CITYSCAPE :cityscape:

8 Likes

:joy: I actually have to do that next week for a wedding I’m shooting down in Ayrshire. Prestwick ATC won’t even consider requests to fly till you have a police incident number. Just getting through to the police is the hard part.

1 Like