RTF Competition Sunday 6th to Saturday November 19th - Moving Water

Entry is this one.

Other pics taken at the same location.

7 Likes

The next round of the RTF competition is in a week’s time - vote for the subject here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure if this qualifies as was about the only picture I took with the drone that could probably quality as “obviously taken with a drone” Lots of trees making it obstacle avoidance hell.

Aircraft: DJI Mini 3 Pro
Taken: Today 12:20ish. ND64 filter applied. Using Fly App V1.8.0 I used pro mode to manually set the ISO to 100, and left shutter speed and white balance to auto.

Drone Scene Entry:

7 Likes

@firstadekit. I was going there Ade as the only falls in our area but time got the better of me. :+1: Beat me too it… again! :rofl:

1 Like
  • Time and date: 13 November 2022, 4 pm
  • Aircraft used: Mini 3 Pro
  • Drone Scene: Link

Warleigh Weir has been a popular swimming spot for over 100 years. Located a few miles from Bath and in the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).

In 2017 the site developed a major issue around parking, litter and anti-social behaviour. This triggered local businessperson and activist Johnny Palmer to purchase the river island and adjacent land to promote the sustainable use of the countryside. He subsequently setup the “Warleigh Weir Project” whose goal is to promote positive use of the site, maintain access and resolve the various issues with the site.

7 Likes

Entry #4 water turbine on the Thames reading which I’m choosing over entries 2 & 3
Mavic air 2
10/11/22
14 hour ish
I’ve already added this to drone scene

4 Likes

Given the size of the turbines in your earlier shot, they’re moving at a hell of a lick. I’m honestly astonished they aren’t covered over. :open_mouth:

It is dangerous , surprised they’re not !

Entry #1 Reekie Linn waterfall in Alyth
Mini 2 on Sunday 13th Nov.
Dronescene entry will follow shortly

Appologies high heedyins

Probably too late, but better late than never

2 Likes

Entry #2 The Hermitage, Dunkeld, Perth and Kinross
Mini2, 14th Nov.
Great place for a walk and plenty opportunities for nature photography.

4 Likes

Entry #3 And the last one from me
Taken at The Hermitage in Dunkeld again, but further downstream on Monday 14th using the mini 2

This only caught my eye due to the little waterfall thats appeared after all the rain

1 Like

Not an entry, as it is the same subject.

4 Likes
  • Time and date: 13th November 2022, 1:35PM
  • Aircraft used: DJI Mavic 2 Zoom

Overview of Dymchurch sea defenses with the Hythe Militrary Canal outlet.

3 Likes

Good morning @Challenges_Committee, is the RTF Winners’ Gallery now retired?

I note that the last winning entries were added a year ago.

I appreciate it would take some effort to dust this off, but in my opinion, it really does add value :clap:

It is pure indolence on behalf of the RTF chief graphics person who spends his time indulging in sybaritic pleasures rather than performing his duties. Even now, with preparation of the basic framework for a poll for the entries to be completed by Saturday he has half the design staff peeling grapes for him while he reclines, enshrouded in a deep pile, white towelling dressing gown, listening to early Soft Machine or Gong on his Naim audio system.

We aren’t able to replace him as he is the nephew of the Chall Com supremo, so, until the revolution starts, we are stuck with him.

We will have to instruct some of the scantily clad nymphets to try and seduce him into performing some of his supposedly contracted duties …

Oh, and while we are here …

Any chance we could have a tidy up? There are pictures scattered everywhere, some for entry into the competition, some not, some once competition entries but callously cast aside by their entrants.

It would help the staff if you could put one entry per post marked competition entry. Other pictures can be placed in a second post.

With the frantic collection of all the submissions to be included in the poll on a Saturday and the current lax posting of pictures everywhere there is a real possibility of someone’s noy-for-competition-picture being erroneously entered or, perhaps worse, a potential winner being left out of the poll.

TIA !

1 Like

Will photos of that activity also be in the gallery?

• Location - Dalcairney Falls, South Ayrshire
  • Time and date - 16/11/22 @ 13:00
  • Aircraft/camera used - Mini 3 Pro (with ND64)

5 Likes

Chance of some stunning waterfall shots ……if you get a chance to fly !

2 Likes

Looks like the only moving water I’m likely to see will be moving in drops vertically downwards :frowning: