RTF Competition - Landscapes without buildings - Winners announced!

Welcome to the opening contest in the Autumn series of the RTF Competition. Now is the time to vote

Click here to be taken to the vote. You may select one, some, none or all of the entries that you think should be winners. At close of play on Monday 18th at 23:45 the picture with the most votes wins!

5 Likes

RTF RULES

Scope

• The requirement is to submit an image, either a photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition.

• The subject for the competition running from 00:01 Sunday October 3rd to 23:45 Saturday 16th is Landscapes without Buildings.

• The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open and obviously be taken by a drone in flight.

• Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

• Videos must be a maximum of 30 seconds

• Competitors may enter as many images as they wish. Each must be in a separate post

• Images must be posted with the following information as a minimum:

◦ Location

◦ Time and date

◦ Aircraft/camera used

Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest

• A valid and original Drone Scene entry for your image will gain two bonus votes when judging takes place - i.e. there must be no prior Drone Scene entry for the subject of your photograph

Voting

• Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for two days after the closing date for competition entries.
  • Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not. You may vote for all, some or none of the entries.
  • Any image that is correctly added to the Drone Scene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded two bonus votes.
  • In the event of a tie a guest judge will decide the winner
  • The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Schedule

• The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday around 22:30. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members.

• The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.45 fourteen days later.

• Voting by poll will be open for a further two days until Monday 23:45

• The winner will be announced once the vote is closed and counted

Have Fun!

For more information please re-read this post …
3 Likes

Well at least I know not to go out my way to go here. :joy::roll_eyes: Ebrington Hill, Warwickshire - Added to Everything Else in West Midlands

1 Like

So do I, but it got me the point :laughing: :laughing:

Bonus votes are helpful but most of the votes come from people liking your picture or video. It’s quality and composition that counts in this competition :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Somebody needs to post the first photo so here’s one of mine, by popular demand apparently :rofl:. Ballynoe Stone Circle, near Downpatrick with the Mini 2, lunchtime today

11 Likes

Thanks Paul, great opener! :+1:

2 Likes

Too windy down here in the south west

1 Like

It was as windy as hell here too. I’ll have to go back there as it’s a cracking location and if the weather had been better I’d have done a lot more today. There’s some ‘small print’ on the notice about no flying drones but it’s in the middle of nowhere and in all the visits I’ve made the only other person I’ve ever seen was a farmer shooting rabbits in one of the nearby fields so it’s safe enough to take a chance and fly.

3 Likes

Not sure if a bridge/viaduct counts as a building but here’s an image from Ladybower reservoir taken on Monday 4th Oct, with MMini. Previous Dronescene entry near to take off so not added again.

9 Likes

Can we have some clarification on the term without buildings as both entries clearly have buildings visible , just need to be sure before I venture into the wild if the weather permits …thanks Alan

Short answer - no :slight_smile:

This is the members; competition. We provide the space for it to occur and set up the voting. That’s all.
We have no influence over the subject choice. There is a list of suggestions for subjects, contributed to by GADC members. A spreadsheet is used to randomly pick three subjects - you can view it and try for yourself.

Pictures are submitted and, at the close of the contest will be formatted into a poll where members vote for their choices, the picture or video with the most votes is the winner. If people consider that the image is outwith the parameters of the subject then they need not vote for it.

The only time we will intervene is if the image does not meet the requirements of the (fairly) simple rules that are posted above.

1 Like

Fantastic picture :+1:

Thanks Jason, it’s a very picturesque area, so spoilt for choice when it’s not a howling gale :roll_eyes:

This is actually harder than you think, seems to be buildings everywhere when you don’t want them. Anyway… Here’s mine.

Taken: 07/10/2021 - 13:00
Bird: Air2S
Drone Scene: Here

12 Likes

That’s dark, dude.

LOL, maybe went a tad OTT with the dehaze on the sky :grimacing: :joy:

Nothing wrong with that sky. It usually looks like that when I’m hoping for a nice sunny day to get some photos. :roll_eyes:

Pretty much standard sky for this end of the country :pensive:

1 Like

You’re lucky. We can’t even see the sky where I am. Usually hidden behind the rain.