RTF Competiton - October 9 to October 22 - Winners announced!

Hever Castle :european_castle: in Kent
Monday 10 Oct 2022 10:45 hrs
Mavic Mini 3 pro ( no filters )

On a cool hazy sunshine morning showing early autumnal colours :maple_leaf:

Steve .

10 Likes

Thanks Steve, is this your first time entering the competition too?

1 Like

Yes … this is my first time …

1 Like

Then welcome! Nice to see some new blood :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Charlton Park Estate, Wiltshire

• Time and date: 15/10/22, 4pm
  • Aircraft used: Mini 3 Pro
  • Drone Scene: Link

Charlton Park Estate has been in the possession of the Earls of Suffolk since the late 16th Century. The land on which Charlton Park Mansion is built belonged originally to the Abbey of Malmesbury.

At the Dissolution of the Monasteries in 1539, the fabric of the Abbey and much of its property was bought by a prosperous clothier of Malmesbury named Stumpe. By the end of the century the part of his estate which included Charlton was passed to his great-granddaughter, Catherine, daughter of Sir Henry Knyvet (whose tomb is in Charlton Church).

Catherine’s second husband was Lord Thomas Howard, 1st Earl of Suffolk; Charlton Park House was built for her on the property which she had brought into the marriage. It was ready for occupation by 1607.

After Catherine’s death Charlton Park was inherited by her second son, Thomas, who in 1626 was created the first Earl of Berkshire. His descendants lived here until the union of the Suffolk and Berkshire families in the mid-18th Century.

The current Earl is the 21st Earl of Suffolk and the 14th Earl of Berkshire.

10 Likes

The subjects for you to choose from for the next round have been announced!

Vote here!

3 Likes

Wingfield Manor was built in the 1440s for Lord Cromwell, Treasurer of England. Later the home of Bess of Hardwick’s husband, the Earl of Shrewsbury, who imprisoned Mary Queen of Scots here in 1569, 1584 and 1585.

Unfortunately, despite near perfect conditions, I couldn’t muster the courage to press on past the “weak signal” warnings to somewhere that may have made a better picture. At least it got me out of the house for a bit. :grin:

DJI Mavic Mini
Sunday 16 October, 16:21

3 Likes

Shugborough Hall, Staffordshire.
Taken at 1545hrs Sunday 16 Oct 22 with DJI Mini 2.

Unfortunately couldn’t get any closer to this National Trust Property without losing VLOS and TOAL was next to the Essex Bridge just outside of the National Trust boundary (already pinned in Drone Scene). I didn’t have time on my 1st TOAL to take the photo as I had to abort the flight on hearing a helicopter approaching from outside of my line of sight. I brought the drone down from 90m in sport mode to be on the safe side and watched the helicopter fly directly over my head; seemingly just after I got my drone down to head height. Difficult to tell its altitude as it passed but there was nothing in NOTAMs (not unusual as the military refuel in the area and Hixon airstrip isn’t far away).

5 Likes

Staunton Harold Estate
Mini 3 Pro, taken 16th Oct 17:20ish

Staunton Harold Hall is a large 18th-century Grade I listed country house built by the Earls Ferrers, situated within the 2,000-acre (810 ha) Staunton Harold Park in Staunton Harold, Leicestershire England, which includes the 17th-century Grade I listed Holy Trinity Chapel (Staunton Harold church).

Drone Scene Entry:

6 Likes
  • Location - Partington, Manchester
  • Time and date - 15th October 130pm
  • Aircraft/camera used - DJI MINI3 Pro

As we are off to Scotland next weekend we decided to spend some time on chores the weekend just gone, so the Drone flying was limited to a short walk and flight in the village we live in. Partington is based right on the edge of Manchester - half a mile further and we would be in Cheshire (and house prices would be doubled!)
The village itself dates back to the 11th C and the last person to be murdered by a Viking happened locally, when Cythric Silkybeard got into an argument and lopped off some poor unfortunate persons head… The woods at the beginning are known as Coroners woods, and were the sight of a monastery - no remains now visible…

The challege to fit something into 30 seconds that gives a taste of the estate is a difficult one, hope I managed to do it justice…

Added to Drone Scene Map

3 Likes

I can see my house from here !
In fact, if I zoom in, I can see me from here :smiley:

This is my ‘lazy’ entry, as I haven’t had time to do much flying recently, so flown from my back garden when I had 15 mins spare

Hawley Gardens estate, Thornton-Cleveleys
DJI Mini 2, TOAL from my back garden today
As you can see, construction is still ongoing either side

5 Likes

Caversham park / estate was used for bbc broadcast
Mavic air 2
TOAL from a nearby park
Was hoping to get a better shot but this was all I could achieve today !

Caversham Park is a Victorian-era stately home with parkland in the suburb of Caversham on the outskirts of Reading, England. Historically located in Oxfordshire, it became part of Berkshire with boundary changes in 1911. Caversham Park was home to BBC Monitoring and BBC Radio Berkshire. The park is listed as Grade II in the English Heritage Register of Historic Parks and Gardens.[3]

4 Likes
1 Like

Eridge Green in Kents Hill housing estate Milton Keynes

Taken on 14th October 2022
With Dji Mini2 @ 17:30

10 Likes

Elton Hall Estate, Cambridgeshire, PE86SH

photo taken on a very windy (31mph) day on 16th Oct with my Mini2.
TOAL was from lay-by just up the road, Access to house is only open March to Aug i believe. October to March is shooting in grounds, hence photo not too close as shooting party was around, lol
parking for hose is in next door garden centre, Bosworths.
great food there and worth a look too
House and gardens nice to look around, if you plan to use photos of house commercially then you need to obtain permission etc, but photos of garden don’t appear to need this etc and i believe general outside photos of house also allowed
https://eltonhall.com/
as couldn’t get too close, may try for another entry if weather and opportunity presents itself lol

7 Likes

Caversham park estate / entry # 2
Mavic air 2
TOAL from as per first entry

6 Likes

entry number 2, The Dower House Estate, Stoke Park, Bristol

taken 20/10/2022 at about 13.00 hours with my Mavric Air2
toal was from inside the park, down on the grounds where they sometimes have cattle
Property and estate owned/run by Bristol City Council, it’s large park with very few people around and no signs saying no drones etc, the only stipulation on entrances were No mopeds or motorbikes?

parking is roadside at top of park or i believe there is parking at The Dower House itself

6 Likes

Hackness Grange, N Yorkshire. 13th October. Mini SE, 5pm. No idea about the history of the estate sorry and too windy for the SE to travel too far over it.

3 Likes

This is an estate. Probably not what you were expecting! 13th Oct 5pm, Hackness, N Yorks shot with Mini SE.

2 Likes