RTF Photo and video - Subject suggestions invited!

Thanks for the suggestions. They will be added to the subject sheet (unless duplicating someone else’s idea). We will do the first random draw on September 26th and generate three subjects to vote for. The first RTF will start on Sunday October 3rd.

The only time we may intervene in subject choice is if it is obviously unsuitable for the time of year - for example “Harvest” in the depths of winter.

2 Likes

Christmas Street Lights (especially any OTT streets where neighbours try to out do each other, bonus if you get Santa’s Sleigh going through an estate, I mean when they do those Charity drive things)
20181206_203839-1

3 Likes

Inspired by @Steviegeek @notveryprettyboy

Rescue.

2 Likes

2 Likes

The RTF team are on their way home!

They have taken all your suggestions, written them on slips of paper and will draw three on Sunday, ready for you to choose the best one for the first subject of the autumn RTF series!

1 Like

Voting for subjects now open!

A cricket match in progress :grin:

1 Like

City skylines
Light trails.

2 Likes

Shadows

1 Like

As we are getting a few duplicates and it is a pita to read through all the posts you can view the subject list and random subject generator here

And, yes, keep 'em coming! :slight_smile:

thats-bait-tom-hardy

Any chance of them being shown alphabetically.

Also should ‘white lines’ be seasonal and ‘Christmas Lights’ not?

Fireworks (not in the list but mentioned above)

Burial Sites

Could show them alphabetically although that might lead to a belief that the picking is not random. IWe will look at the seasonal side.

understood - however just easier to find items without using a search - but appreciate the consideration.

Fireworks are not yet in the mix as there is a specific competition for then shortly.

Burial sites are a possibility although there was some comment about “having” to overfly graveyards in order to capture images of isolated churches in the Birthday Challenge.

Do we want to open that box of worms?

Plenty of worms in burial sites :joy: (which is more than graveyards - although I suspect flying around the pyramids is banned!)

But also understand concerns.

I’m not religious so overflying graveyards and churches doesn’t bother me, but I’d make sure to fly when I wasn’t annoying anyone who might be bothered by a drone. I got some shots at Our Lady’s Island in Wexford last weekend. There were no notices prohibiting drones or any flight restrictions in Drone Scene or weather restrictions in UAV forecast, but I felt it maybe wasn’t politically correct to fly because the walk around the island can be done as a pilgrimage and some people were saying prayers etc. as they passed me. There were only a few people around so I just waited till they left area before I launched the Mini 2 by which point I was on my own and had no reason not to fly as I wasn’t bothering anybody. :slightly_smiling_face:

Stadium’s
Sports Grounds

3 Likes

Great shout, I’ve been meaning to get a few shots of the Coventry CBS Arena for a while now :grin:

1 Like