RTF Photo Competition - Straight Down - SCROLL DOWN to see the Winners

STRAIGHT DOWN

snape-goes-down

RTF RULES - yes, read them – there are additions and changes!**

Scope

• The requirement is to submit an image, either a photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition.
• The subject for the competition running from 00:01 Sunday June 20th to 23:59 Saturday 3rd July is STRAIGHT DOWN
• The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open and obviously be taken by a drone in flight.
• Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.
• Videos must be a maximum of 30 seconds
• Competitors may enter as many images as they wish. Each must be posted separately

• Images must be posted with the following information as a minimum:
◦ Location
◦ Time and date
◦ Aircraft/camera used
Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest
• A valid and original Dronescene entry for your image will gain two bonus votes when judging takes place

Voting

• Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for five days after the closing date for competition entries.
  • Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not. You may vote for all, some or none of the entries
  • Any image that is correctly added to the Dronescene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded two bonus votes.
  • In the event of a tie a guest judge will decide the winner
  • The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Schedule

• The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members.
• The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.59 fourteen days later.
• Voting by poll will be open for a further five days until Thursday 23:59.
• The winner will be announced on Friday, around 19:00

Have Fun!

For more information please re-read this post …
3 Likes

Winner already.

Photo / video or it didn’t happen!

1 Like

Just seen the video. It did happen :sob:

But at least the video is under 30 seconds:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do I win a prize for my amazingly unsuccessful dive into the cooling tower of a power station? :rofl:

If it were up to me …

Unfortunately I have a co-chairman and a board of directors to answer to as well as corporate and individual shareholders who often hold diametrically opposite views to my own.

And, if I may reveal a bit of internal politics here, I have spent a very uncomfortable morning closeted with our lawyers who are extremely unhappy at my comments regarding your video of an event that occurred before the competition’s open date

The outcome of our lengthy meeting is that your potential entry is invalid - but you are most welcome to use another aircraft to replicate the video of the crash during the time that the competition is open.

1 Like

Ok let’s get this started…

Northampton Canoes walking home at the end of the day.

Today @ 18:00 @ Northampton kayak and canoe club
With Djim2

11 Likes

screen saver ttype of video right there haha

1 Like

Quick one from yesterday.

5 Likes

+++ ATTENTION ALL COMPETITORS +++

The competition closes late on the night of Saturday, July 3rd.

At that time the directors and staff of McMac Productions will be attending an important field exercise near Tamworth and sobriety data connectivity cannot be guaranteed.

You are therefore requested to get your entries in well before the closing few hours in order to ensure that they are received and added to the poll.

Your assistance is appreciated.

“It’s alright, he’s just tired after a hard day FPV’ing”
2 Likes

Location: Jury’s Gap, Camber, East Sussex w3w: fractions.airfields.appetite

Time and date 23/06/21 1936

Aircraft/camera used Mini 2 on auto.

Further information: TOAL was from the Crown Estate Foreshore Close to the boundary of the Lydd Ranges danger zone.

6 Likes

Thanks for entering! If you put the TOAL location on Dronescene then you gain a bonus vote - and help your fellow pilots. :slight_smile:

There seems to be a lot of temporary activity and restrictions over the next few days in the Dungeness area - you got in just in time!

2 Likes

Yep just done that and noticed the notams haha.

Will add some more if thats cool?

2 Likes

Location: Jury’s Gut Tidal Basin, Camber, East Sussex ///ketchup.tutorial.outbound

Time and date 23/06/21 1950

Aircraft/camera used Mini 2 on auto.

Further information: TOAL was from the Crown Estate Foreshore Close to the boundary of the Lydd Ranges danger zone.

6 Likes

Also added to dronescene.co.uk :ok_hand::raised_hands:

2 Likes

Tony, would you mind supplying some info about your picture - as per the rules? :slight_smile:

Am I right in thinking it is the Streansal training area?

3 Likes

My mistake, its been a busy couple of weeks and I didn’t take time to properly read the rules…

Location : Streansal Training area (just outside the boundaries)
Time and date: 23/06/21 - 1020
Drone: Mavic Pro.

1 Like

great picture i love the different textures :+1:

2 Likes

Straight Down at Cheddar Gorge taken on 23/06/2021 at 17:05 with Mavic Mini 2 f/2.8 1/240sec

10 Likes

Straight down on Glastonbury Tor taken on 24/06/2021 at 17:13 with Mavic Mini 2 f/2.8 1/240sec ISO-100

8 Likes