Salcombe Devon

New here with a Swellpro Splash Drone 4, working towards qualifications for offshore work.

4 Likes

Hi @Cookee and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Welcome John to GADC

1 Like

I’ve added my location to the map already! Familiar with Dronescene. Look forward to contributing!

3 Likes

Welcome @Cookee

1 Like

Hi John - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Would be very interested to hear your thoughts on the Splash 4. Have been considering one of these for the lost dog SAR flights I do - waterproofing quite useful for such flights when you live in sunny Wales :grin:

Did you purchase it in the UK or import ?? If imported, how did the purchase go - any issues and what was the delivery time like ??

They are doing a waterproof version of a thermal camera to go with it - which lens/gimbal have you gone for ??

Any info much appreciated :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Hi John,

Bought it from Splashdrone UK, prompt delivery in 48 hours - I checked before ordering everything was in stock. it is for a business which is in house filming of boats. I went for the standard GC3-S camera which came fitted so that saved me a job!

I haven’t flown it today, I hope to get out today before the wind reaches Devon! I’ll post a photo or 2 if I feel brave enough.

I’ll try and keep you updated on my progress,

Cookee

1 Like

Thanks for the info John - truly appreciated :+1: :+1: :+1:

Very pleased to hear the delivery was prompt - that was one thing that bothered me.

Look forward to seeing some photos and any further thoughts you have after flying it.
Its obviously waterproof but its supposed to be good in strong winds too - sounds ideal for SAR.

Many thanks :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

The manual states winds up to force 8!

“Although the SplashDrone 4 is waterproof, do not fly in fog or strong wind
conditions. (For wind speed exceeding 20 m/s, or above Beaufort Force 8)”

Don’t think I’d want be out in a Force 8 let alone flying a drone :open_mouth: :joy:

Thanks for the info :+1: :+1: :+1:

So a normal day for parts of the south west :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Managed a short test flight yesterday in a bit of a breeze

1 Like

Looking good - lots of detail in that image :+1: :+1: :+1:

Probably should have shrunk that a little but that’s how it came of the card so it gives a fair idea of what to expect in good light.

Hi Cookee I’m Plymouth based and like to fly from my 22’ open boat so if you’re in the area maybe hook up and see if we can help each other

1 Like