Salisbury Mavic Air Newbie

Hi All,
Came here via the Mavic Forum, sent link by PingSpike.
I work in IT, hobbies include Scale Model Making & making Short Films.
I purchased a Mavic Air a month ago, to add to the filming arsenal, like most of us looked around at the different options, and went for the Air, portability & cost being the main reasons.
Love the drone, it’s brilliant, especially the return to home feature, which worked whilst on my hols in July, lost connection with the drone, heart in mouth moment, when connection came back on the controller, drone was heading back to me, whew!
Still learning to fly the Air, try and get out most weekends, find a quiet spot and have a fly around.
Looking forward to getting to know you guys, especially those in and around Salisbury.
If your interested here is a link to my holiday playlist:
Malta Drone
Cheers
Richard

1 Like

Hi Richard / @Salisbury_Drone , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the Mavic Air … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Cheers OzoneVibe.
I have added myself to the members map.
Richard

1 Like

@Salisbury_Drone
Hi Richard
I’m Phil down in Bournemouth, so not so far away. I guess there must be a few NFZ near you what with the army playing their games.
It would be nice to meet up at some point and have a chat and fly if the weather permits. I have a Mavic Pro, got it secondhand a bit over a year ago.
Phil

Hi,
Yep its a bit busy around here:

Always looking for a safe spot.
Sounds doable, will see what I have coming up.
Cheers
Richard

Hey Richard, nice to meet you, I’m also new here

1 Like

Hi Richard,

Sounds like a good edition to your hobby.
I hope you find more places to fly. It does look a little busy around you.

It would be good to see some of your pictures sometime.
I also have a Mavic Air and am still at the learning to fly stage.
Step 2 is learning to take great shots. … I live in hope!

Good to have you on the site.

Hi Boydey,
Only taken video at the moment:

Richard

2 Likes

Beautifully shot and adore the music!!!

Thank you for sharing that. :+1:t4:

Nice vid! It gets you the Coastal Flyer Badge, too! :+1:

1 Like

Hello and welcome Richard

1 Like