Saltburn-by-the-Sea, North Yorkshire, May 2020

My last day of six weeks of Furlough … and I chose to spend it in Saltburn-by-the-Sea with my Mavic Mini (now sold in favour of an Air 2). It then took me several weeks to actually get round to editing it. Please enjoy. Constructive feedback welcome :slight_smile:

8 Likes

What a fantastic video, the music goes well with it as well. I know Saltburn very well. Maybe a few still photos of the small town centre and railway station inserted in the vid wouldn’t go amiss, but it’s a great vid as it is.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed that thanks @premiump

1 Like

Love it. I used to live in Redcar, a couple of miles from there, and I really liked it there. There used to have a miniature train track (that got swept at least two times by floods) run by local enthusiasts and sometimes they did car and bike classic rally. What nice memories from that place. To be able to see it by drone is great.

My only question is, is the sea cliff railway not working? It appeared to be stationary through the video.

With regards the video itself. It is nice and entertaining. No long shots. I like it.

2 Likes

Thanks Brian, I really appreciate the kind comments :+1:

I have so much footage of the day, I could probably do a super-cut.

1 Like

Thank you, I was very pleased with the way it came out. One tip I have took to heart, select the right music, then edit the video to it :+1:

1 Like

Thank you!

The funicular wasn’t working that day, possibly due to Covid-19. I spent most of my flight-time stood at the top of it, fantastic vantage point from which to fly :+1:

2 Likes

That sounds like good advice :+1:t2: I really liked the editing but I can’t really give any constructive feedback as I’ve not done any filming or editing myself yet lol I will get around to video at some point but at the moment I’m just getting used to controlling my drone and taking some snaps while I’m at it :grin:

1 Like

Saltburn is a little gem. Situated just along from the industrial fabric of Redcar, Saltburn is quieter and more chilled out. Lots of space to explore without being too commercial. As a musician I’ve played and still do all around this area and the people are salt of the earth. Lovely video that captures the essence of the area.