"Schoolboy Errors"

With who? No laws have been broken.

Here’s a classic example Chesterton Windmill, signs up everywhere no drones.

I took that with my Air 2, I took off from the layby right outside the gate to the field that the Windmill is in right next to the no drone sign, a public highway. I’m not on the owners land and they don’t own the airspace so I haven’t done anything wrong. If the owner did call the police he’d more than likely be in trouble for wasting for police time.

6 Likes

There is such a stigma around drones it’s unreal, do your research learn the rules and ignore all the Karen’s and Kevin’s of the world. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Ah Chesterton. I remember that was where I had my first solo fpv flight. I was walking up to the windmill, but some sightseers were behind me. So I trampled over the land to take off. :grin:
Whoops sorry wont do it again etc

That’s the thing, I don’t know who soecifically. Anyone I guess!

Would you believe I’ve got my A2CofC and almost finished my GVC. Maybe that why I’m reluctant to just rock up anywhere. It’s been drilled in to me that everything must be done above board.

I feel this is best for another topic…

Cheers though @DeanoG60 your attitude is quite refreshing!

Andy.

4 Likes

Back on topic my school boy error:

Not pulling out of a dive and smashing my quad into the rocks at the bottom lol

4 Likes

I was at Stone Henge where I asked someone if I could fly over and take pictures. They said yes but don’t fly over the stones and people. I said no problem. But when I was setting up, a chap came across and said you can’t fly from where I was. I explained about the other chap and he said well I am the site manager and you can’t fly from here. I said ok no problem. But, then he started telling me about all the tracks and roads around the area where I could fly from. He said that’s no problem but please don’t fly over the stones. I ended up on a track that was even closer than I was before. Got some great shots.

4 Likes

Get out and fly my man. Build your confidence and just fly. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Finally a really good sunset this evening and no other plans. 20 minute walk to the local countryside space for golden hour. Forgot my fecking phone. :joy::man_facepalming: Walk back, then again! Just about got the last 15 mins. Yet to look at what I got.

3 Likes

Pressed return to home……on a moving boat!!! Home was 60yds away!! Luckily saved it.

1 Like

Next time, leave the spectacles at home :joy:

1 Like

Schoolboy error ? :clown_face:

1 Like

You should of chopped the sign down then you could of said that you didn’t see it…Lol :grinning:

1 Like

@DeanoG60 ah, but could you retrieve it? I reckon you could through the vents at the bottom. It could have been expensive, otherwise! Was it still useable after?

Yeah was retrieved easily :+1:t2:

Smashed FPV camera and a broken prop:

Was repaired and flying aging by the following weekend :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

@DeanoG60, nice and relatively cheap, I imagine. I thought the FPVs were built to bounce?

They are to a degree but that was a pretty hard hit from 300ft onto jagged rocks lol and yeah it only cost me £30 for a new camera that I already had spare anyways lol

Pretty sure a DJI drone wouldn’t of survived even remotely if it had done the same I feel a rather expensive call to the refresh team would of been in order lol

3 Likes

I’ve just spent 3 hours sorting out my “schoolboy error”. Earlier this afternoon I updated the DJI Fly app (Android) having read and viewed a few positive comments, and updating my Air2S to the latest firmware.

Went out to do a test flight and discovered that the Air2S would not roll left or right. So I did a similar test on my Mini2 - no issues! It’s got to be a faulty Air2S firmware update issue I convinced myself . I uninstalled the Fly App and installed a slightly earlier version - still no roll. Reinstalled the latest Fly version - still no roll.

Lightbulb comes on in the old head - check the Fly app settings! Bingo - the updated firmware had disabled sideways flying! Switched it back on (and reset a few other things) and hooray!

Noobie/Schoolboy/Beginner mistake 0 I felt a total tool!

1 Like

DJI ones break when you look at them a little bit too hard

AcidicOilyBirdofparadise-size_restricted

Can they only turn left?