SD cards inserting and removing?

Yep did that.
Somehow when I clicked the compartment shut, it got wedged underneath.

Next time I trapped the sellotape in the casing as I shut it & that worked fine.

Is it easier with the pro 2?

Yes, the Mavic 2 has a small plastic door on the bottom, which rotates to one side and the SD slot is fairly accessible.

1 Like

I always told my children. What differentiates man from apes (apart from opposable thumbs) is our ability to use tools to make our lives easier and less stress free. Clearly this is one of those times when a small tool needs inventing/printing for those whose eyesight isnt what it was or dexterity is not quite what we’d like. Considering the hundreds of different devices that have awkward SD slots and the millions of devices out there, I’d have thought someone would have thought of it…and made a mint.

1 Like

Or they should just make them for standard SD cards in the first place. SO much more sense.

2 Likes

Thatd be too easy. And they wouldn’t be able to sell us more ‘stuff’ if we could keep the same old stuff.
The human race would stagnate like a communist country.
We’d be driving round in hot sweaty Morris Oxfords, and coming home to turn on the TV (no remote) and waiting while the valves warmed up, instead of watching it on our Oled screened, wifi connected ultra thin flat screen tv after getting home in our air conditioned, air bagged, blue-toothed Nissans, or BMWs etc.

1 Like

Shit Brian, I can remember my Granny having no Electricity, never mind the TV.
Come to think of it she never had running water either (it was from a Well in her Garden), and the Crap House was a Wooden Box at the bottom of the Garden !.
Happy Days

1 Like

Life seemed less complicated then. When the only decision you had to make was whether you needed to break the ice in the ‘pan’ before you had a crap in winter.

2 Likes

I never had that problem (I was only 6) so a call to my Mum/Dad sorted that !

1 Like

I do exactly the same and really does the job

1 Like

Sooooo jealous! :zipper_mouth_face:

I altered the setting for a better recordings, but as soon as I turn the air off the setting return to previous levels.

Any way of avoiding that!
You KNOW I am lazy by nature & forgetful.

Yes on my first flight I did leave the gimbal cover on (for 30 seconds), despite what you told me, then remembered & PANICKED!!!
Fortunately all was ok … if I can leave something set the way I want that has got to help an old guy with failing memory!

I may be wrong, but, I thought the settings for the Gimbal Speed & Yaw speed were remembered from the last setting, as are most things.
The only time this may/will change is after a firmware update.
Anyone care to enlighten us?.
Am I wrong in the above, or should I book my bed in the Dementia Ward !.

1 Like

Ah John !, just re-read your post !, yes the settings do not show until the Air is powered ON, ready for flight.
When it is switched off the App defaults to its normal settings.
Best to check it, or alter settings when its powered up.

1 Like

Next time we meet I will make you a proper “REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT” sticker to put on the Gimbal cover.
It’s bright yellow and cannot be missed !.
It is also best to mark each battery with sticker (numbered 1,2,3) so you use/charge them in rotation.
If you look in the App when the drone is powered on you can see how many times each battery has been used/charged.

1 Like

Thanks Chris,
Not sure if the drone was powered up when I was setting it up.

Will try again tomorrow.

Homemade RED label affixed to gimbal cover as soon as I got home.
Amazing what panic can teach you!!!

:flushed:

Its easier to setup, then you can check settings when flying and re-adjust to your liking.

I don’t suppose anyone has a tool, or an idea, that they use for putting the micro SD card back into the mini3 pro… I recently cut my fingernails and now getting the dratted thing in and out is a nightmare. Resorted to a pair of scissors to ease it back in… don’t want to damage either drone or card, so suggestions on a postcard please… grrrrr…

Tweezers :thinking:

1 Like

That’s what I use on the mav 3, otherwise it’s a nightmare getting the sd card out.

I bought some rubber ended ones off Amazon, so there grippier !

LotCow 2 Pcs Rubber Tipped Tweezers PVC Silicone Flat And Bent Tips Tweezers for tweezers for CraftingLab Industrial Jewelry Hobby Craft Tweezer Tools

https://amzn.eu/d/1uTABFu

As a nail-biter, I do struggle with MicroSD cards. I have one of the little SIM tools in my SD card holder that I use to pop them in and out. The round end is good for giving the card a little nudge to insert/eject it, then the pointy bit can be used to catch the little lip to ease it out far enough to grab.

Also good for opening the port cover on the Mavics 2 & 3 without scratching up the plastic.

1 Like