Seaburn North East Coast

Taken this morning for @MartG1960 his old home town

4 Likes

Lovely shot :+1:

Did you get your lighthouse pic too ?

@MartG1960 …yes :+1: very narrow window of opportunity my only day off this week uav forecast states strong wind later and rain at 8am and sure enough it started to rain just as I finished

1 Like

Zooming in is not very clear , I suppose that could be because I’m using the free version of kuula , the original pano is fine on my laptop

Makes no odds at all.

Try Panoee instead

If I had a £ for every time I’ve driven round those roundabouts…I could afford several new drones :slight_smile:

@milkmanchris ….the misalignment “step” is still evident that we were chatting about last time but not as noticeable ….on the horizon in front of the white lighthouse ……as for zooming in I can zoom in clearly on the flat pano in lightroom but not on the one above

I think the only way you will get rid of that is to stitch the images manually.

@milkmanchris …beyond my capabilities Chris I can live with it for how often I use this facility, I only did this one for @MartG1960 so he could see how the area was changing …cheers though :smiley:

1 Like

Seaburn, like Whitley Bay was once a very popular North East seaside location, it had a small funfair and candy rock shops and bucket and spade shops but it also boasted a zoo / sea life centre and a ski slope …the zoo had a few problems and received some bad press finally closing in the late 1970s. Now Seaburn will be best known for hosting the Sunderland Air Show which returns this year after a covid break !
@MartG1960 apologies for the photo quality the zoom in clarity is crap but noticeable recent developments are housing near morrisons car park, the railway carriage pub on the seafront has gone , leisure centre has gone and in its place a nice looking hotel with balconies overlooking the sea, a food village and across the road a chinese restaurant, Little Italy is still on the promenade

1 Like

Thanks for that - when I was last there in 2020 construction around Morrison’s hadn’t been underway very long