Seen off the premises!

My apologies Gary, I didn’t explain that. We were anchored opposite and had gone with the intention of doing some filming because we believe the fish there are in very poor condition. I don’t know whether they saw the drone or recognised the boat (we don’t have a name on the boat). I think they are all on red alert now and probably told to look up in the air every ten minutes! :laughing: The Mini 2 was directly above us having done a RTH and the three of us were down in the cabin. I was waiting for the “landing now” announcement from the app and considering whether I could actually bring it down and into the hatch without going on deck! Sigh of relief when they pissed off, I had about 6 minutes of battery left. I did 2 “missions”, one with the Mavic zoom and one with the Mini 2. I’m loving the Mini, if only it had a zoom lens it would be my goto drone every time. BTW, this is them chasing us out of the loch a bit later. It’s like the bloody wild west here!

3 Likes

Thank you Dave. It means so much to us having words of support. We live in amongst it and can’t be outspoken locally because we have friends with friends and relatives who work for them. I really sympathise with the workers, it’s the multi billionaire Norwegians who need to be accountable. Our friend, Don, who was with us, went on the next day to other Mowi farms and had more success filming. He found this, which is a reminder of why we do it.

:rage: Reason that I refuse to to have in the house / eat farmed fish of any type. Raises a few eyebrows in restaurants when I ask were the fish on the menu has been sourced, if they can’t prove it’s been wild caught I tend to cross them off the Christmas card list and not go back there.

2 Likes

Well Done Dave. Vote with your wallet! Best way.

1 Like

I wonder what Mr Hadfield would say if that was served to him on a plate! Appalling behaviour of the Rib crew as well they do not own the sea!. We have two large mussel farms off Sidmouth who basically block off free navigation. But I am going off topic, sorry. It’s time the big boys left fishing to the fishermen who really fish sustainably. Keep exposing these ( suitable expletive adjective! ) people!

2 Likes

We were at a meeting where Ben Hadfield admitted that it took much more than 1kg of wild fish to produce 1 kg farmed fish. Not sustainable at all. The sh*t is going to hit the fan for Mowi in the next day or two when we start tweeting some grisly footage. It’s all RSPCA Assured!

2 Likes

Brilliant work :clap::clap::clap::clap:

It’s people like you and your associates working tirelessly which makes all the difference. I watch Netflix documentary a while back (the name escapes me) it was about an organisation who are funded to regulate this industry but when the journalists did some digging they are basically funded by the large fishing corporations of whom they are supposed to regulate.

Keep fighting the good fight!!

1 Like
1 Like

Thank you Tony. Encouragement is so welcome. It gives me a great excuse to fly my drones too!

Thanks @milkmanchris I was about to jump in the car and drive so finished my post off quickly otherwise I would have googled it. But this is the docufilm in question. Actually a really good watch :+1::+1:

1 Like

Having the nuts to stand up for what’s right is difficult so I have a lot of respect for people like yourself :clap::ok_hand:

I have recently become vegetarian due to not knowing thw conditions animals are in and the chemicals which are pumped into them during processing. Around 7 weeks meat & fish free and I feel so good for it.

I have to admit Tony, I was scared shitless when we were down in the cabin and the “cage monkeys” (as they call them) were coming for us.

3 Likes

Well done. you won’t regret it.

2 Likes

What you are doing Andrew is not only in the interests of the planet, us all for health, it’s also a great positive message for us drone enthusiasts it’s remarkable keep going mate if you need names for a petition to Downing Street I’m in​:pray::sunglasses:

Thank you Dave, much appreciated. :+1:

It may not be your thing!, but, it could be time take some of your own heavies with you on future expeditions. :facepunch:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I don’t think that would help our cause! I can see the headline now- “Activists in fish farm fracas!”