Selling my MP1 [SOLD]

RM rules :

2 Likes

Well - they don’t - but you know what I meant. :wink:

1 Like

I’m reading that as they will let me send a spare with it as long as I package it correctly?

1 Like

That’s how it reads to me. Good to take that (or their actual website page that includes it) when you go to the PO.
Difficult for them to argue against their own website info.

1 Like

I wouldn’t trust RM at all, I sold 2 pro batteries both were discharged with contacts isolated and in double packaging, explained to counter staff what was in packet and how they were packaged, counter assistant attached the correct hazard label and said good to go, they were sent recorded, a week later they had not arrived 2 days later I received a letter from RM informing me they had been confiscated, I went crazy just lost £140 had to refund buyer, wrote RM a letter of complaint but no joy they said Post Office were a separate company I got nowhere, I now always use Hermes no problems, just saying be careful I would send courier just checkout Parcel2go. forgot this happened twice I returned one to Amazon that was confiscated but Amazon refunded.

Actually, that info is from RM’s website, not the PO’s. So RM should abide by it.
PO are their “agents” so, for sending things via RM at a PO, they too should abide by it.

I realise that doesn’t help you with what you lost, though.

1 Like

Thanks @Sunseeker for your painful insight; good to be prepared.
I thought I’d heard horror stories of RM confiscations.
Hermes for all its faults seems a lot better recently, I think being at home is good for avoiding dumped parcels and ‘while you were out’ malarkey.

1 Like

Just took a load of pics and a quick video of me turning it on / spinning up / power off so will attach in a sec - just waiting for DJI app to reinstall so I can get the flight data for you

Uploading: 046B3F1A-3DCC-4D9D-8E5C-8B8950A1B360.jpeg… Uploading: 8FE63AF5-7AC9-4409-BB55-BF2139653F6E.png…

2 Likes

Not sure why the last couple pics didn’t work, try again:

1 Like

Aaaand the video - took me a while to get my head around having to upload it to YT and then embed it sorry…

https://youtu.be/43u8k4-daWg

1 Like

That’s brilliant, thanks @S_O. All I needed to see is there, it looks perfect.
Let’s sort the logistics when you have a moment tomorrow .

Many thanks

2 Likes

Mavic Pro Kit paid for by Paypal and @S_O has posted it out today.

Huge thanks Sam for sorting the packaging and getting it on the way :+1:

1 Like

A great little drone they are, too! :+1:

1 Like

I’m looking forward to having one again, I’ve been without since mine landed in the sea a few weeks back!

I still have the rest of a Fly More kit here, so am going to try tandem handset flying with a friend, to see what it’s like with a pilot and separate camera operator.

I decided to carry on learning with a Pro and see what happens in the market and upgrade when I’m more capable.

My friend is delighted with his Air 2 having had his original Air die on him and a large estimate to repair it.

Hope you get much more use than I did @Tidepool - can’t wait to see what you capture with it!

Also thanks @PingSpike for updating the thread - wasn’t sure what the etiquette was sorry!

1 Like

Sorry buddy, sold the lot so I haven’t got a spare battery for you.

Also for anyone interested - you can send up to 2 spare batteries with Royal Mail / Post Office as long as they are sent with the product they are for and are packaged appropriately. Sending batteries on their own though isn’t allowed.

3 Likes

No worries.