Sheffield FPV pilot

Hi everyone, I’ve been flying for quite a while now, 5 inch fpv quads and longer range li-ion builds too. I’m also interested in Ardupilot and larger UAVs, of which I have some experience but I’m certainly wanting to learn more, with the hopes of building some beefier quads in the future.

The flying locations map seems really useful and I will be trying some of these spots out!

Toby

1 Like

Hi @Tobyw and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hi Toby - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi!

I’m not far from you down in Chesterfield and also fly FPV. Longer range and cruising interests me more than freestyle in bandos, though I do both.

I’ve been getting into iNAV stuff recently, first on a fixed wing and now I’m building it into a quad. I’ve not looked at Ardupilot yet though…

A few other members on here have experience with the larger quads…

That’s great to hear, I’ve just moved my 7 inch quad over to iNav, and the gps features are working great, but having some trouble getting it to fly as nice compared to when it was on betaflgiht.
The fixed wing sounds good, what model have you got?

1 Like

I’m running a Zohd Nano Talon Evo.

I’ve only had a couple of flights with it so far. I’m hoping to get some more in at the weekend.

I will be at Drone Circle near Macclesfield on Sunday. I’m hoping to fly it on Saturday as well… @notveryprettyboy @Steviegeek

I’ve never been to a drone circle meet but I am from Macclesfield!