Shoot on flight!

Here we go again. This company makes totally unfounded claims. They donā€™t say who they are working with, citing secrecy rules, and defence experts have never heard of the ā€˜gunā€™ that they claim to have invented. The technology isnā€™t new, it interrupts the signal to the drone, prompting RTH.
IF the drone is fitted with it, IF itā€™s not using litchi or other autonomous flight. IF the gun can be accurately pointed at a fast moving drone, and not affect any other systems using the 2.4 or 5ghz frequencies.
It is an offence to interfere or put in danger an aircraft, (our drones are classed as aircraft)
Iā€™m sorry if I play down this post, but it does nothing but spreads rumour and more rumours on social media and can only harm our hobby. The message it is giving out to the uneducated masses is that it is ok to shoot down drones because they are bad.

3 Likes

Looks cool though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

How does it initiate RTH? Does the shot make the drone lose signal and then the drone initiates RTH? What if itā€™s set to hover?

1 Like

Exactly, thereā€™s so many variables. The jamming beam has to be so narrow so as to not effect any other object, even if it was legal to use a jammer, it would be hard to focus on a fast moving drone at any great distance, the signal would have to be more powerful than any other in the area and the correct frequency. What if thereā€™s 2 or 3 drones you would need 2 or 3 guns. What if it doesnā€™t have RTH, will it just drop out of the sky?
Iā€™m with TRUMP on this oneā€¦Its FAKE NEWS.

1 Like

What if itā€™s set to head directly to the strongest signal, complete with its primed explosive package. :smiling_imp:

Actually, with an app like ā€œFake GPSā€ on Android and dynamic home-point ā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

BOOM.

Ironic that on the same ā€˜frontā€™ page we have stories of paedophiles and poor gun control, now thats a problem to throw money at #justsaying

1 Like

I agree very much with your comment. Letā€™s face it newspapers are there to make money and lies make bigger news adding to peopleā€™s fears.
Just to point something out: I worked in newspapers for 2 and half decades.
Bullshit sale

Like to see it work vs my custom build quads, I already know what will happen.

NOTHING.

Nothing more than someone whoā€™s spotted an opportunity to make some money from the government and business thanks to the fear generated by the media.

3 Likes