Short notice Sun 12th September 2021 - East Midlands region

Hey Thanks :grinning:
That’d be great, I’ll look forward to it.
Cheers

Hi Jez
Just connect any of the wires to any of the pads then run your motor, if it runs in correct direction for it’s position in the frame then JOB DONE. :slightly_smiling_face:
If it runs in reverse you have two choices, either swap any two of the wires on the pads OR use BL-Heli software to reverse the motor. Both methods are good.
Being as you will have your soldering iron out anyway if it was me I’d swap two wires :smiley:
Cheers
Steve

Sorry guys
I can’t do Sunday 12th :slightly_frowning_face:

Cheers.

I don’t even have BLHeli installed anywhere, but I want nice, tidy looms. :rofl:

Hi Jez
BLHeli is a free download and very quick to install and use.
I like neat wires as well :laughing:

Problem sorted new motors and I actually spent some time tuning it and runs great. I think for my first time tuning I got some good results

2 Likes

Just make sure you are checking how hot the motors are getting after tuning, putting the D term up can really increase the heat.

Yeah check them and fine the rear one are warm but that’s to turbulent air all come down nice and snug

I was very surprised didnt take alot of d gain to smoothen jt out

Yeah warm is nothing, i basically just tune mine in the field…if you can hold them for 10 seconds straight after landing its fine. Well its a balance you kinda wanna raise the P gain first, then use the D term to smooth it out. If your P gain is too low you will get slow oscillations then will end up with fast oscillations and bounce back if you over gun it, but i just get to that point then raise the D term to get rid of it.

Yeah it’s easy though I got Bluetooth on my fc takes 2 secs to change it

1 Like

Nice, ive just got a usb cable to my phone nice and easy.

I do like to carry around my laptop just incase I find betaflight on a laptop abit easier to use than the app for the fc

Ive got an app called “speedybee” on my phone and it basically just brings up full betaflight as if id plugged into the pc with a nice easy to use interface.

Yh I use that same. But the pages are cramp and bcs I don’t really know what all of it means can be confusing

Yeah it is a bit squeezed in but ive found it good enough for tweaking little bits at the field. If i wanted to change a lot of stuff id plug it into my pc for sure.

What guide to tuning did you use?

I just looked around used the I p d method works great

1 Like

I couldt get any good results from watching Joshua Bardwell or anyone

Oscar is the man

1 Like