Should a DJI drone for paid repair go back in a case

We have started the process of the possessed drone to go back to DJI for a repair. It thinks it sees things that are not there and will stop in mid air.
On that of that., at the Big Meet it did have a little tea party with an obsiticel…

So they say send it all back.

Would it be better just to send it back in the case

As it will be protected and all the parts will be together. I can put a label on each item with theCase ID on it. The case will fully protect it better then most packaging.

I also forgot how to do all this with the three invoices. Two in parcel and one with driver???

1 Like

Russ
Is that just the leg has come off / broke off & no other damage ?
From what I’ve seen that is a real real easy fix & the part is pretty easy to get hold of as well.

2 Likes

No it has sensor faults too

2 Likes

Ok mate no problems, yes I see you typed that thought it was one of the jokes like “ trees jumping out “ sorry :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No need to be sorry. For some reason it will just stop in mid air with nothing near it saying obsticle. The only time it will fly without stopping is in sports mode.

2 Likes

Have you tried refreshing the FW & not sure about those but I guess you can calibrate the sensors ( maybe worth a try ) ……

2 Likes

Hi i think you just send the drone only back

2 Likes

Thanks. I was unsure as the problem is just the drone. Got a UPS mate who will collect it. Just chatting to him now. I will just Box n Bubble wrap it up and send it.

1 Like

Do not even have to book it in. UPS mate sai he will pop by in the morning and grab it.

1 Like

Drone boxed up and ready to go. Mate picking it up tomorrow as long as I remember to text him to remind him.

2 Likes

I think you have it sorted already but I would generally not recommend sending anything you don’t need to. Their processes will be set up to deal with just the bits they need…… if you send a case, they will not have a process to deal with it, other than to bin it!
It’s very likely that will send a refurb to you, and you would not see any of the other stuff again.

2 Likes

That is good. I just got the drone itself and bubble wrapped it. Kept the controler, the batteries and all the other bits here so the only thing that is going is a drone with no battery.

Should be picked up tomorrow.

1 Like