Should i be downloading pics/vid direct from memory card

so far I have only downloaded to the pc by plugging cable direct to the M2P, but seen in a few threads the mention that you should always take them direct from the card,(better quality)
so have I misunderstood, as I thought using a usb to the drone Did take it from the card ?

1 Like

I have never downloaded from the drone with a cable from the onboard memory,
only ever from the SD Card, this applies to all the drones i have had.
Some of the early drones had to have the firmware uploaded direct from the card to the drone.

Either via cable, or by removing the SD card and putting it into laptop/reader/whatever, you’ll be getting the same files and same resolution.

However - accessing them by USB cable means you have to switch the drone on and that uses battery that has to be recharged.

I also believe the M2P has internal storage as well as the SD card, and the internal can only be accessed by connecting by USB.
To avoid this I think most M2 users set the storage to the card.
(I think I remember correctly about the internal storage on the M2s?)

4 Likes

If my memory serves me right , the Mavic 2 can be set to Auto to be able to detect any size sd that is fitted, regardless of its size.

My point was nothing to do with the size of the SD card … I seem to recall it has internal storage for vid/pics as well as the SD card … and only the SD card can be removed.
What’s on the internal storage needs the M2 to be connected by USB cable to copy them to the computer.

One day, someone may even get the idea to put an SSD drive on board.

Yep, that’s exactly what I do.

Onboard storage is a nice touch as a backup if you forget your cards.

Much easier for me just popping in a new sd with each battery and downloading them all on a USB3 reader.

2 Likes

I have it set to store on ssd not internal mem, so from what I’m reading here I can use either method, but as you say drone has to be switched on and uses batterie.
Thanks for responses, I was starting to think I had it wrong :blush::smile:

4 Likes

The DJI Zenmuse X5R camera supports SSD drives :+1:t2:

Just for a laugh to us all, tell us of the price for it !!.
Hang on!, just want to find a chair to sit on !

Stop salivating! :wink:

1 Like

HOW MUCH! :rofl:

1 Like

As stated . Take the card out and use a card reader … For best and easy results …