Should I buy or not

I have recently bought a Yunceec Q500 4K I have used it several times and am quite happy with the video quality, however recently I discovered on you tube videos about the Mavic Air I found the idea of the avoidance system quite exciting + the built in video effects and size. My question, would I be be more impressed and better off with the Mavic air with it’s added functions than my yuneec, any thoughts please. Obviously I am a newbe to Drones.

Do you crash in to stuff on a regular basis there @CrazyKen?

If so, then yes, this is for you!

If not, then no, I don’t see it as reason enough to buy a different drone :slight_smile:

However, in terms of the video features the Air offers, may well be a deal breaker. But I think only you can answer than one mate?

Personally, I’ve never used a single quickshot mode that DJI have to offer, not even to test them! It’s just not for me :blush:

Just to add, I think I can count on one hand the number of people here that are in the same boat as me, I think probably 95% of GADC members will have used those features at some point :slight_smile:

I have only had one crash that would not of happened with the Mavic, but since then I feel restricted as to how close to go to objects and seem to spend more time thinking about what I may crash into than I do enjoying and planning the photography.

One of the main reasons I got the new Mavic 2 pro was for the sideways obstacle avoidance - I have crashed twice with the mavic platinum because of some of my lateral filming moves … I have used some of the special shots features and find some can be useful. The Mavic Air has come down in price significantly because of the Mavic 2 pro -guess it’s a personal preference thing of course - I am definitely a Mavic Fan