Should I get a DJI Smart Controller or a CrystalSky?

I second that. From the SC, you can simply choose which drone you wish to use from the drone inventory screen. Quite neat.

Capture

1 Like

Hmmm - that shows the possible models you might have - does it show a list of the ones you’ve actually set up a pairing for?

Yes it does. Thats just a screenshot. If I’d owned the M2Z as well then it would only show my M2P and the M2Z also. Basically the ones you own and have initially linked to the controller.

2 Likes

Cool. Just need the MP to appear on the list of models and Litchi to work … then hope it’s still being made when I’ve saved enough. LOL

It could be Smart Controller 5 and M5P by then! Lol

I thought DJI might have added the MP to the controller from the off. Will always puzzles me that move.

2 Likes

Hi,

I use the CS 5.5 screen with a MP and Inspire 1 after trying various phones and tablets and it is indeed a lot brighter. The CS is 1000 nits and my iPAD 3 was only 383. Mine came with a hood but never had to use it.
If you do get a CS you will have to remember that it doesnt come with any cables or a charger for the battery. It does come with a battery and a hub but you will have to buy a phantom or inspire battery charger unless you already have one. Also you will need to buy a holder, the DJI CS holder is £79 for the MP!! I managed to get one on ebay for £30 as i prefer my screen below the MP one so i can see the top screen. This makes the controller bottom heavy which i like as it tends to then make the top screen closer to you and the CS can rest against you (hope that makes sense)
You can install Litchi on the CS but it will cost you £15 as it only connects to the Amazon store, i did email Litchi to have a moan about it as i have already bought it twice (Android and iOS) but not heard anything from them, even though CS uses Android. My CS is running Android 5.1.1 , i think the SC version is higher, maybe someone can confirm that.
What i like about the CS 5.5 is that it has 32M of built in memory for storing media from your drone and you can view and edit it on the CS too. It has 2 built in microSD slots (same size as drone) where you can put the card in from the drone and view them on the screen, put another card in and copy images across to that (handy if your customer wants images) a usb slot so you can connect an external hdd and a HDMI slot so you can connect an external screen for larger viewing.
Regards
Stuart

2 Likes

If the smart controller had of worked on the Mavic Pro i also would have purchased one.
A question…i use a Samsung 7 edge with my controller but i have a problem, whenevef i start it up via the DJI APP the xcreen is upside down and will not correct itself for 5 minutes does anyone else experience similar or have an answer to it.