Should i sell My mavic pro and mini 2

Should i sell my Mavic pro and mini 2 to buy the mini 3? The mini 3 looks outstanding.
If i did sell my drones what would they realistically bring.
Mavic pro has 3 batteries bag and car charger and mini 2 is combo set.
I do use both and really do enjoy the mini 2.
Any advice is appreciated thank you

1 Like

Probably not enough to cover the price of a Mini 3 I’m afraid @Neil79

MP max £350 on a really good day, Mini 2 is going to be a race to get rid for the ‘must have newest’ crowd, again I see flymore’s reaching £350 in a month

2 Likes

Thanks Chris yeah i did think i would have to put some money to the mini 3. Im probably just best hanging on to what i have and in the near future take the plunge. I’d still really like the fpv too

1 Like

Keep what you have and enjoy using it. Im still using cameras that are older than me, they still work despite the fact they have been superseeded many times over. I am in the fortunate position where I could buy the mini3 if I wanted to, but the mini2 does what I need . Plus, I’d rather keep the money in the bank for the upcoming recession thats about to shaft us all :grinning:

7 Likes

I have a Mavic 2 Zoom with every conceivable extra, great results & will never change it. It’s all I need…

4 Likes

If you bought a new TV a year ago and the manufacturer then releases the same TV again, but this time they’ve added some features that you might use once in a while, while increasing the price by 100% or more, would you be compelled to buy it at the earliest opportunity?

My thoughts are pretty much in line with @ianinlondon above. I don’t have any cameras older than me, the oldest I have are a Pentax K1000 and a Lubitel TLR, but I do have a few (cough) drones that some consider vintage, as well as a Mini2. And like Ian, where a drone of less than 250g might be needed, the Mini2 is more than capable of satisfying those needs.

Now if it’s a need to satisfy a craving for retail therapy, something I can wholeheartedly relate to, then go for it. We all deserve to be totally self indulgent. However if it was me and I had the choice of a Mini3 or the FPV Drone, and already owning a Mini2, I’d choose the FPV Drone as it’s a totally different experience. And it may take you into another creative aspect of the hobby.

6 Likes

Thanks for the advice fully appreciate it and i agree looking at everyone’s responses.
I’ll stick with what i have and take the fpv plunge shortly. Thanks again

1 Like

Time your purchase as the FPV Drone price is up and down more often than a whore’s draws.

3 Likes

We can arrange a morning out, fly the FPV and your decision will be an easy one.

3 Likes

Thanks Chris yes would be great that. Appreciate it.

I’ve had the fpv Drone from release date, I find it truely exhilarating just on sport mode. Flies great. Heard critisism of the camera. I find my video quality great, often exceeds the mini2 and my Mavic Pro mk 1. Snap one up, there reduced again at mom3.

2 Likes

I’m also thinking of replacing my Mini 2 with a Mini 3 Pro, but I’ll hang on for a while until most of the inevitable glitches have been sorted - as there are always problems after new models are first released.

Wait another six months and buy a hardly used S/H Mini 3…from someone who needed an online retail therapy hit at launch and only used it once…

2 Likes

£350 off FPV drone at very. https://www.very.co.uk/dji-fpv-combo-uk/1600579776.prd

1 Like

And 10% if you open a new credit account

1 Like

I have the MM3 Pro ordered for the 17th release. For one reason only… The new controller with screen, simple as that. Not interested in obstacle avoidance etc. Had the MM2 152 days from activation. Never ceases to impress me. Tough as old boots. Just using ipads and phones is crap. Take a gamble, if there’s initial problems? No doubt they will be updated and sorted. Bet Drone Hach FCC is out of the question?

1 Like

Sorry about the terrible text work chaps. On the note of portability, I bought the new Dronemask goggles a short while ago. Only opened them and tried indoors. They are very good but not suitable for my compact needs. Will list them tomorrow with photos if anyone interested?

2 Likes

Lets hope you take to a crippled android device ;o(

Crippled android device? Explain please… Do you have more information than most.

I know that all versions of the smart controller use a cut down in house crippled version of android

1 Like