Slemish - Added to Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty in Northern Ireland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Just outside Ballymena, near the village of Broughshane, Slemish has a free car park with a small information centre & toilets (which are temporarily closed due to covid). There are great views from the top even without a drone. It is a very exposed mountain and can often be too wet or windy to fly, which is when your backup (phone?) camera comes in handy.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 23/10/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Thank you Paul for adding to the DroneScene map and continuing to be the go to man for locations in NI.

You’re very welcome Chris, I’m just doing my bit in the hope that someone else might enjoy visiting somewhere I’ve flown. I think what might be a nice feature on Drone Scene would be an ‘I’ve flown at this location’ button so that we could see if anyone has actually found our ‘where to fly’ places useful. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Paul, that’s the idea with the ‘view this location’ on Grey Arrows.

I knew that Chris, but for some reason my brain didn’t process the information. Put it down to old age :roll_eyes:

2 Likes