So, DJI, what's this? The Mavic Air 2 mega thread

Cheers
Maybe im looking at this wrong
I will look at logs on both drones and post
I am quiet new and wish to use drone for video/photo for hobby so perhaps don’t need distance

2 Likes

You could post the flight logs on here ,and someone could tell you what’s going on.
There maybe several factors causing the short range, especially in built up areas.

1 Like

Thank you i will do this Monday

2 Likes

Just down the road from me in Bridgend. I can’t imagine, knowing the area, that there is much there that would cause any issues. Depending on your exact location then the only area you need worry about is the Cardiff NFZ.

Be interested to see how you get on with the Air2 as I have the original Air and the major differences are Occusync and the new app. In my early use days I had signal issues, but that was when I didn’t really appreciate what I was doing.

2 Likes

hi

The Air 2 is a great drone for so many reasons
I may be in a dip power lines etc causing me probs
Must meet up when this over

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Steptoe Secures ITC Win for Autel in Patent Dispute with DJI

I may have missed it…

Anyone know if the Mavic Air 2 can take 360° panos using DJI Fly? :thinking:

So the blurb says Rich, maybe @ianinlondon can confirm

I can’t see any mention Chris? Are they giving it a fancy name that I’m not picking up on? :thinking:

Yeah but no but yeah but, it’s doesn’t say 360 panos.
:grin:

Come on guys.
Someone with a MA2 throw her up and let us all know.
:nerd_face:

Yeah sorry Chris, I meant the automated 360 fight mode?

1 Like

Found this with a quick google

From

So, “no” then? 180°’s only? :thinking:

Or again, am I still missing something that’s plain as day? :man_shrugging: :man_facepalming:

360 sphere underneath rich !!!

25 photos , 3 rows of 8 and a zenit

2 Likes

Hmmm, I read/took that to be a “tiny planet” ?

Ahhhhh…

Right.

Penny has finally dropped :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Thanks @milkmanchris :blush:

My original question was leading towards another question…

If the Mavic Air 2 can take a 360° pano using the DJI Fly app, the fact that a Mavic Mini can’t then means it’s not a software app limitation - which I’d assumed all along it was.

But worse, it might be a drone limitation?! :scream:

Which then leads us off topic… I’ll pick this up in a Mavic Mini thread at some point :+1:t2: