So, DJI, what's this? The Mavic Air 2 mega thread

I can’t see any mention Chris? Are they giving it a fancy name that I’m not picking up on? :thinking:

Yeah but no but yeah but, it’s doesn’t say 360 panos.
:grin:

Come on guys.
Someone with a MA2 throw her up and let us all know.
:nerd_face:

Yeah sorry Chris, I meant the automated 360 fight mode?

1 Like

Found this with a quick google

From

So, “no” then? 180°’s only? :thinking:

Or again, am I still missing something that’s plain as day? :man_shrugging: :man_facepalming:

360 sphere underneath rich !!!

25 photos , 3 rows of 8 and a zenit

2 Likes

Hmmm, I read/took that to be a “tiny planet” ?

Ahhhhh…

Right.

Penny has finally dropped :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Thanks @milkmanchris :blush:

My original question was leading towards another question…

If the Mavic Air 2 can take a 360° pano using the DJI Fly app, the fact that a Mavic Mini can’t then means it’s not a software app limitation - which I’d assumed all along it was.

But worse, it might be a drone limitation?! :scream:

Which then leads us off topic… I’ll pick this up in a Mavic Mini thread at some point :+1:t2:

I think this is programming on the drone.
They can’t have the MM doing everything.
It’s like the Go app I would presume. When it connects to the drone it detects which type of drone it is and alters the features of the app to suit the drone. So maybe yes, it could be activated by a software upgrade by DJI but why would they?

I can confirm the Mavic air 2 can do 360 pano’s
I’ve posted a 360 I took with it in the pano photo section on here a couple of days ago.

1 Like

@lewiswaite23 The original shot was lovely Lewis (here for the other readers of this thread: Portsmouth Sunset 360 )

I think much of this discussion was whether the 360 was a sphere with the viewer at teh centre, like yours, or simply a tiny planet quickshot view. Must admit I’ve not played with the 360 thing on any camera much in the past; I think I’ve just associated it with hotel views and Google Street View :slight_smile:

The MA2 does stitch 180’ panos pretty well; I took this facing the sun to see how it handles the different light; pretty smooth was my thoughts… But it’s actually a picture standing at the edge of my garden facing a straight edge of a field. A smidge of distortion if you look carefully…

I may have misread your post in the pano category but I read that as something you’d put together manually?

I’m wondering if the Mavic Air 2 has a single button you press and it goes off and takes all the required photos, does the stitching, etc, a bit like Hangar360 used to, and like the Mavic 2 Pro does with GO4?

I’m getting more and more convinced that it can’t? :thinking:

This was the original straight from the air 2 I didn’t have to manually stitch anything together, I just uploaded straight to kuula. Hope this helps, I’ve also got the screen recording of the air 2 doing the photo I’ll upload it to YouTube and post it here.

1 Like

Excuse the lack of editing just threw it up now to show plus the quality might be a little low as I’ve just this second uploaded it, hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks @lewiswaite23 that’s exactly what I was after :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

So we know for sure the DJI Fly app has this capability… which means… dammit… why doesn’t the Mavic Mini support it :rofl:

1 Like