So, DJI, what's this? The Mavic Air 2 mega thread

That is an unavoidable factoid!

1 Like

Do not forget the planet killing asteroid,just to make sure… :grimacing: :grimacing:

1 Like

At least I’ll have a cheap drone up ready to record the impact. :+1:

1 Like

One way of wiping out the Ebola,sorry corona virus,i suppose… :grimacing: :grimacing: :+1: :rofl:

1 Like

Video from Ash / DroningOn a couple of hours ago:

3 Likes

Did someone say Corona virus spread by drones…? Will have to tell the papers…

2 Likes

This one seems to have come out of Covid hibernation.

New pics.

Mavic Air 2 - not sure where it sits amongst the range however.

Some more pics:

3 Likes

Thing is,if you already have an mp2 zoom or pro would this still be worth getting? must admit,after my Evo 2 i could be tempted,to add to my fleet,but would it get any use? :wink: :wink: :grinning:Also i wander if the batteries are the same? looks like it fit in the mp2!!!or better still put an mp 2 battery in it,and get even longer flight time…(or burnt out engines) :wink: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Macic 2 is pretty heavy in a day pack when hiking, and the Mini gets blown away too easily when yo’ure up a mountain. I’m hoping this will fit the bill…

1 Like

Turn it on and burn out all the electronics, if it did fit.:sleepy::sleepy:

1 Like

The 2 YouTube videos (fwiw) I’ve watched seem to show it’s a scaled down Mavic 2 design, 10-15% smaller and about 570g.
Alleging 30+ mins flying time, 12 MP camera with 3 axis gimbal.
Ocusync is confirmed …
Remote looks odd, but I like the idea of the phone/tablet at the top and no antennas to fold out or adjust.
Looks to have dealt with all the shortcomings of the original Air.
Roll on the 27th to see what it actually is and costs

1 Like

Looks like it is confirmed,not sure,as i have an mp2 and autel evo but,i could be tempted…Anyone else?

1 Like

Depends on weight and spec, don’t want a summer only drone that can only fly in 2mph winds :-1:t4:
Are these pics confirmed? :thinking:

Can’t say I’m liking the controller, but will wait for the release and see if this is confirmed. Flight time seems pretty good at 34mins. And accu 2.0 is a good sign rather than the WiFi of the first air. :thinking:

1 Like

I presume the Air 2 will be every bit as capable as the original Air and mine is more than happy in 25mph breezes and gusts up to 40mph. Flown at all times of the year, and only the real windy days are a no go.

The downside for me on the Air 2 is that whilst lots of things have been upgraded, I read that the camera and lens are the same as the Air. But that’s just rumours still so will wait and see what comes - still doubt I can afford to replace my beast.

2 Likes

I was more aiming at the small Mavic mini over the OG Air, good to here the capabilities of your air though that’s pretty impressive. Makes me want the new one even more. :grimacing::ok_hand:

Seems to me any new drone has to have something different and special about it. Its no good having bits from 2 models just bundled together. So far, Im not hearing anything different which is disappointing, but maybe DJI have indeed gone as far as they can with “new” tech, so they are just re-hashing previous stuff. Not good enough or exciting enough for me to be interested especially if its in the £700 price range.

4 Likes

Mavic mini owner, so NO, I’ll not update from my MM which does everything I want it to do. Other issue is that i just don’t want to EVER deal with DJI again. They’ve got the market cornered, but hopefully not forever!!

2 Likes