So I bought an Inspire 2 for my Strobon Crees

As a fleet operator, how come you’ve still got a testicle :rofl:

2 Likes

Well… its was there when I last looked !
(as he moves belly aside to check!)
Yup!, still there, now what did I swop for the right one… was it the P4… The Mavic…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Didn’t you know it’s easier to stand over a shaving mirror?

1 Like

I am not shaving my ball ya know, I may slip with the razor !!
(he he !)

Have some strobes which I got for a Mavic 2 Pro. Found the 3D printed mounts unsatisfactory as after a couple of fittings on and off, 2 of them split. The cheap and simple route, suggested by Rich, of ties would seem to be an option. Only problem with my Mavic is that I have PGYtech leg extenders which fold up when not in use and just fit nicely in the case cut-out and I can’t be bothered to be removing them all the time to squeeze strobes on and find scissors to cut the ties when I want to pack up and then find ties to put 'em back on. 3M stickers for the same reason have limited appeal as legs would not allow me to leave the strobes on.

What to do with the Inspire 2 the subject of this thread. There are rubbery mounts which maybe since they aren’t going to be taken off might be an option or indeed the cheap and simple tie method should work even on the rounded bars. I need longer ties!

It then occurred to me that another option which might actually be better for navigation purposes would be to use the 3M thingies that I got with the strobes originally and never used and affix to the batteries and simply move the strobes when needed from one pair to the other. Genuine starboard/port green/red colourings so can see how the orientation of the drone is and one on the back end of a battery to see its rear end. If I can’t see anything then with some luck I am going forward or with bad luck possibly down. Admittedly the same issue of continually removing and replacing strobes but maybe more useful to me when in the air. Not terribly clear why having a red and green strobe pointing at me would convey anything more than I can see it, whereas one on each side of different colours and one on its backside would show where I am pointing.

I’ll try the ties first when I have got some longer ones and try out 3M on one battery pair and see how that turns out.

Looks like a socially distanced queue with mask at Screwfix tomorrow then. :pensive:

Dave.

1 Like

I stand corrected. Dave it is.

1 Like